Job Title: Mechanical Engineer – Plastics
Nature of Job: Full Time
Salary: Kshs 100,000 – 120,000
Job Location: Nairobi
Duties and Responsibilities
- To plan for routine maintenance of company’s production machines
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair or replace all components of Injection Molding machines, Blow Molding Machinery and equipment.
- To maintain all equipment, hydraulics, mechanical, piping, pumps, and pneumatic s in the Molding Department.
- Good experience in production process and supervising a team
- Planning work schedule for maintenance technicians and machine operators
- To improve work force productivity and work quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning and coordination of labor, parts and material, and equipment access.
- Planning and scheduling work to maintain the designed reliability of equipment
- Ensure extended life expectancy of equipment therefore aiding in the total reduction of maintenance cost and increased output of product
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, and coordination of all plannable maintenance work performed within the company.
- Working closely with the maintenance manager and maintenance technicians to ensure the machines are well maintained
- Maintenance of records and files essential to meaningful analysis and reporting of maintenance-related matters.
- Coordinating with the purchasing department for maintenance budget
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- 8 Plus years’ relevant experience as a Mechanical Engineer/Maintenance Engineer/or a Production
- Engineer in a busy plastics manufacturing company
- Experience in the production process and supervising a team
- Good knowledge of injection and blow machines
- MUST have experience from a plastics company
- Technical knowledge and experience in machine maintenance
- Knowledge of quality systems and standards
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance
- Experience managing a team
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills, qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position s filled
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted