Job Title: Mechanical Project Engineer
Nature of Job: Full Time
Salary: Kshs 100,000
Job Location: Nairobi
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans;
- Confer with management to determine project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements
- Assign personnel to phases and elements
- Review bids from contractors
- Determine project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards
- Completes technical studies
- Determine and prepare cost estimates
- Confirm product performance by designing and conducting tests
- Determining project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculates time requirements, sequences project elements
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems
- Control project plan by approving expenditures and administering contractor contracts
- Preparing project status reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends and recommending actions
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations
- Maintains project database
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing relating results as needed
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a related discipline.
- Previous project management experience is recommended.
- 5-10 years of experience working in the engineering field.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- The ability to motivate staff.
- A positive attitude and willingness to work overtime if required.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills and experience to email@example.com
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted