Media Analyst Assistant Jobs at GIZ, Jobs in Kenya, Latest Jobs in Kenya, Jobs Advertised Today, Government Jobs, NGO Jobs, UN Jobs, Online Jobs, Freelance Jobs, Part Time Jobs, Full Time Jobs
MEDIA ANALYST ASSISTANT (1 POST)
International organization (GIZ) seeks to recruit local assistants
(Workplace: Nairobi, and different locations in Kenya)
SHORT-TERM ASSIGNMENTS FOR THE ELECTION PERIOD
Applications must be sent between 21.06.2022 and 01.07.2022. CVs received after 01.07.2022 will not be considered.
- All positions are open to men and women with no discrimination.
- For all positions, an appropriate linguistic competence in English (spoken and written) is mandatory, for certain positions languages spoken regionally will be required too.
- All candidates must have sufficient computer skills to operate with electronic mail, word processing, public presentation, and spreadsheet software.
- Flexibility required. Work is expected on occasions both in the evening and weekends.
- Place of work is Nairobi and, for some positions, different postings around the country.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS: Under the direct supervision of the Media Analyst, the incumbent will assist with the following tasks:
- Assist in acquiring knowledge of the media laws and regulations;
- Assist in assessing the state and private media;
- Provide the Media Analyst with the relevant information on the media situation in connection with the elections;
- Assist in collecting all press reporting on the Election Observation Mission;
- Monitor a sample of local Media (TV, radio, and newspaper) using quantitative and qualitative methodology provided by the Media Expert to measure time, Plan and Tone devoted to political parties and candidates and produce daily monitoring reports for the Media Expert.
- Assist the Media Analyst during meetings with representatives of the Media.
- Assist in the preparation of a short briefing for the Observers and a short assessment for the Chief Observer in preparation for the Press Release and Preliminary Statement;
- Assist in the preparation of a written report on the media for the Final Report;
- Assisting the Media Analyst in the preparation of press kits for eventual press conferences conducted by the mission.
- Any other tasks as may be required.