Medical Officer Job Vacancy at Penda Health,
Medical Officer Job Vacancy at Penda Health
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical / View Jobs at Penda Health
Penda Health is an award-winning startup company that is transforming healthcare in East Africa by building a chain of outpatient health clinics that offer evidence-based medical care and unparalleled member experience at surprisingly affordable rates. Penda is ranked the Best Health Care Firm to work for in Kenya and the #26 Best company to work in Kenya.
- The Medical officer will be responsible for providing comprehensive medical care to patients visiting our Medical centre, Collaborate with other medical staff, and ensure that all patients receive the highest standard of care and Demonstrate leadership in supporting quality improvement processes in the medical centre.
- Conduct thorough medical evaluations, including taking patient histories, performing physical examinations, and ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests.
- Diagnose and treat various acute and chronic illnesses, injuries, and infections. Develop and implement individualized treatment plans based on patient needs and medical evidence.
- Prescribe appropriate medications, therapies, and other treatment modalities.
- Provide counseling and support to patients and their families, addressing their concerns and providing health education.
- Monitor and evaluate patients’ progress, adjusting treatment plans as necessary.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date medical records, documenting all patient encounters, diagnoses, treatments, and recommendations.
- Adhere to all ethical and legal standards of the medical profession, maintaining patient confidentiality and privacy at all times.
- Contribute to quality improvement initiatives by actively participating in clinical audits and implementing best practices.
- Stay updated on the latest medical research, advancements, and treatment guidelines through continuous medical education.
- Comply with all healthcare regulations, guidelines, and policies, ensuring patient safety and quality of care.
- Provide supervision, guidance, and mentorship to junior medical staff and support their professional development.
- Ensure service utilization by actively shadowing, teaching, and supporting the junior medical staff in implementing the best practices.
- Conduct continuous medical education to improve the quality of care for interdisciplinary professionals in our medical centres.
- MBChB from a recognized medical school.
- Registered with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board (KMPDB)
- A minimum of 2 years experience in an outpatient setting.
- Proficiency in diagnosing and treating a wide range of medical conditions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Empathy and compassion towards patients of diverse backgrounds.
- Strong clinical judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Leadership skills and the ability to provide supervision and mentorship.
- Strong commitment to patient safety, confidentiality, and ethical conduct.