Medical Officer Jobs (2 Positions) at Meridian Health Group, Jobs in Kenya, Latest Jobs in Kenya, Jobs Advertised Today, Government Jobs, NGO Jobs, UN Jobs, Online Jobs, Freelance Jobs, Part Time Jobs, Full Time Jobs
Medical Officer Jobs (2 Positions) at Meridian Health Group
- Company: Meridian Health Group
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi – Nyeri
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Kenya
From a single medical Centre stationed at Nation Centre building back in the year 1995 to a performance-driven healthcare group enterprise spread across more than 10 establishments around the country and growing, Meridian Health Group has transitioned into being the leading healthcare authority across East Africa with a large concentration being in Kenya. Currently one of the largest and fastest growing conglomerates in the Kenyan medical industry, Meridian Health Group covers the full spectrum of healthcare services. An expansive portfolio includes hospitals and clinics, pharmacies, diagnostic centres, healthcare management and healthcare support systems. Headquartered at Kedong House along Lenana Road, Nairobi Kenya, the Meridian Health Group now encompasses more than 500 employees, 150+doctors with accredited clinics and diagnostic centres. Never content to rest on its laurels, Meridian Health Group is constantly seeking opportunities to grow and set new yardsticks with advanced healthcare developments. With many more innovative and ambitious initiatives, Meridian Health Group will radically catalyze the healthcare revolution in the region Each of the subsidiaries is a symbol of distinction, driven by the commitment to build a healthier tomorrow and to take healthcare to the next level of excellence.
The individual will coordinate clinical care for all patients at the facility as part of a multi-disciplinary managed care process leading to desired patient care outcomes, high quality service and best practice standards.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Provide clinical team leadership to all paramedics.
- Coordinate procurement and supply chain for the facility.
- Schedule and chair branch meetings.
- Coordinate medical equipment maintenance.
- Provide patient care at the facility.
- Explain the patients’ treatment plan clearly and compassionately and respond to any queries or concerns that may arise.
- Recommend admissions and referral of all patients where specialized services are required.
- Perform minor surgical procedures in the facility.
- Follow on all laboratory or radiological investigations to ensure that they are done in a timely manner.
- Update the clinical notes accurately and completely for all patients in their electronic medical record.
- Provide emergency care at the facility.
- Prepare medical reports for patients as may be required by the payers.
- Keep abreast with developments in diagnostics and therapeutics in the market and advise the management accordingly.
- Participate in marketing activities and events as scheduled from time to time.
- Participate in the internal Continuous Medical Education (CME) programs.
- Participate in quality improvement programs and Hospital Committees as appointed from time to time.
- Ensure adherence to claims management process to avoid rejections on clinical grounds.
- Manage the average spend per patient based on the guidelines issued by each of the payers.
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Office equipment in the doctor’s rooms.
- Medical equipment in the doctor’s rooms.
- General maintenance of the facility.
Decision Making: Clinical decision making.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine & Surgery (MBChB) from a recognized university.
- A valid registration certificate from the Kenya Medical Practitioners & Dentists Council
- At least 2 years experience as a Medical Officer post internship in a similar position
How to apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 15 June. 2022