Medical Specialist Jobs (4 Positions)
JOB AND APPOINTMENT SPECIFICATIONS
For appointment to this grade; a candidate must:
- Have served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Assistant Director of Medical Services/Medical Specialist.
- A Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Master’s degree in the disciplines of Anaesthesia;
- A certificate of registration by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board;
- A valid Practicing licence from the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board;
- A certificate in Strategic Leadership Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated professional competency and managerial capability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- An officer at this level shall be responsible to the Deputy Director of Medical Services. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- performing complex and advanced clinical patient management in area of
- specialization including; Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Anaesthesia, Public Health or other specialties;
- Coordinating medical emergency response and clinical care;
- Coordinate training, coaching and mentoring of health personnel;
- Managing health stores including essential medicines and/or plant and equipment;
- Developing intervention activities or programs for the management of diseases and conditions developing Medical Standards Operating Procedures (SOPs) and protocols;
- Developing training curricular and syllabi in collaboration with training institutions;
- Managing health information system and carrying out health surveys and research; and
- Monitoring the provision of forensic and medico-legal services. Remuneration Package Consolidated package for this position
Remuneration Package Consolidated package for this position is- Ksh. 130,000/PM
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are required to send their applications and relevant attachments to the Ministry’s Email: email@example.com. so as to reach the Ministry on or before 26 th May, 2022 at 10.00 am.