Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Micro Enterprises Support Programme Trust (MESPT),
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Micro Enterprises Support Programme Trust (MESPT)
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations / View Jobs at Micro Enterprises Support Programme Trust (MESPT)
The overall objective of the Micro-Enterprises Support Programme Trust (MESPT) is to promote economic growth, employment creation and poverty alleviation through support to enterprises. MESPT works with intermediaries that provide financial or business development services to improve the performance of enterprises.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
The job holder will primarily be responsible for the design and implementation of a functional MEAL system that is integral to achieving GEAP Programme objectives. The job involves ensuring proper planning, monitoring and evaluation, results to better information for management decisions, and strategic planning, accountability and learning at programme and institutional level.
- In liaison with MEAL Manager, develop a robust MEAL system for the programme in line with existing institutional MEAL system and donor requirements.
- Provide statistics, information, and necessary inputs for quarterly, annual Programme reporting on the performance and results achieved in line with all donor-reporting requirements.
- Undertake quality control and final editing of programme level reports and documents to ensure they reflect sound MEAL practice.
- Maintain an up-to-date performance indicator tracking table for programme performance review and reporting.
- Support Programme manager in quarterly and annual programme reviews and planning workshops.
- Work closely with program team and provide support to enable them to achieve their set targets for the program.
- Conduct regular reviews of achievements against planned targets and share identified performance and budget utilization gaps to programme and MEAL managers.
- In liaison with the MEAL Manager develop quarterly and annual institutional performance reports
- Prepare and submit progress reports in line with reporting requirements to MEAL and programme manager.
- Build capacity of programme staff and relevant stakeholder in MEAL from time to time.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- In liaison with the MEAL Manager, design and implement a robust MEAL result based management framework that will ensure tracking of programme results at all levels.
- Take lead in developing and review of MEAL processes and requisite tools needed to progressively measure programme performances.
- In consultation with MEAL Manager facilitate baseline, annual assessments, Mid-term Reviews, end of programme evaluations and any research studies on timely manner.
- Monitor the programme implementation process to assess quality of the activities’, results, and progress towards achieving desired results.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to programme areas to check on effectiveness and relevance of activities implementation. Train staff, partners, and volunteers on guidelines, surveys, and other data collection tools as per donor indicators and requirements
Accountability and Learning
- Create and maintain integrated databases of all programmes data, information and reports accessible through a central repository.
- Undertake regular data audits and provide data updates to the programme team on necessary action on identified data quality gaps.
- Coordinate and enforce data quality compliance of staff and external M&E resource persons in line with existing institutional policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date programme MEAL risk register and provide risk alerts to team on interventions that may be unsuccessful
- On quarterly basis, support the Programme manager in facilitating learning and review sessions on performance reviews and improvement.
- Facilitate documentation of learnings papers, case studies documentaries, publications, and dissemination to wider audience
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date MEAL recommendation tracker and follow-up on actions by the team
- Update the internal program dashboard based on approved progress reports
- Help in identifying funding opportunities for MESPT to apply in relation to its program thematic areas.
- Participate in proposal development and fund-raising opportunities.
- Take a lead role in the programme continuous quality improvement (CQI) team
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- At least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of MEAL process and tools in development projects
- Demonstrable experience in designing and implementation of monitoring systems, survey techniques incl. qualitative investigation, and statistical analysis for community development programmes.
- Strong experience in conducting baseline, evaluations, and research studies for programmes.
- Extensive experience in managing database for large scale / complex programmes. Demonstrated experience/ expertise in data analysis using statistical packages and/ or software for large volumes of data.
- In depth understanding of principles and current approaches and changes into MEAL systems and standards
- High level skills and experience in training & capacity building in MEAL
- Must be willing to travel in‐country and provide on‐site leadership
- Self‐motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Good critical thinking skills, with a proven capability to provide gainful insight, practical and pragmatic solutions to programme challenges with a bias towards action and resolving issues quickly
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Highly organized individual in planning activities and tracking activity implementation.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management, Agricultural Economics, Agri-business, Agricultural Education and Extension, Development studies and Social sciences or Related Field
- Professional Certification in Monitoring and Evaluation qualification is mandatory.
- Certification in Project management will be added advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access,) and statistical related packages
Method of Application
Qualified and interested applicants should send their application letters indicating their current/last remuneration, detailed CV with email address, daytime telephone contacts, names, and email contacts of 3 professional referees, 2 must have supervised you at some point, with one being your most recent supervisor (combined in one PDF document) to email@example.com quoting Job Reference and Job Title in the subject line.
The applicant must legally be eligible to live and work full time in Kenya.
Please do not send certificates at this stage.
Deadline for applications 31st July 2023 at 5.00 pm EAT.
MESPT is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and committed to
Gender Equity and Diversity.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.