Municipal Manager at Kisii County,
Municipal Manager at Kisii County
Municipal Manager-One (1) Post;
Job Group: “R”;
Duties And Responsibilities
The municipal manager shall report to the Municipal Board. The Municipal Manager shall be responsible for:-
• Implementing the decisions and functions of the Municipal Board as provided for in the Urban Areas and Cities Act section 20 (a) to (s).
• Acting on behalf of the Board of the Municipality in ensuring the execution of the directives of the Board of the Municipality
• Preparing and presenting for approval of the Board of the Municipality, an annual estimate of revenue and expenditure to fund and carry out the programmes and operations of the Board
• Be principally responsible for building and maintain strong alliance and effective working relations between the Board of the Municipality and the civil society, private sector and community based organizations
• Causing to be prepared, transmitted to the Board of the Municipality, and distributed to the public at least an annual report on the activities and accomplishments of the departments and agencies comprising the executive branch Municipality
• Acting as an ex-officio member of all committees of the Board of the Municipality, and
• Performing such other functions as may be delegated by CPSB or by order or confer upon the Municipal Manager.
Requirements For Appointment
• Be a Kenyan citizen;
• Holds a degree from a University recognized in Kenya or its equivalent.
• Has proven experience of not less than 5 years in administration or management either in the public or private sector.
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Job application procedure
Note: Applicants may be required to get clearance from the following Institutions to meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
• Kenya Revenue Authority
• Higher Education Loans Board
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
• Criminal Investigation Department
• Credit Reference Bureau
How To Apply:
• All applications should be accompanied by a copy of National ID Card or Passport, a detalled CV and coples of all relevant certificates (including Transcripts) & testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
• Application(s) should be submitted either through:-
Manual applications be hand delivered to the County Public Service Board offices situated off Kisi-Kilgoris Road near the Kisil Cathedral Catholic Church Junction road.
Post to the address below.
So as to reach on or before 23 January 2023 at 5.00 p.m. and addressed to:-
The Chairperson, County Public Service Board
P.O Box 1848-40200,