Office Assistant at National Drought Management Authority,
Office Assistant at National Drought Management Authority
The National Drought Management Authority (NDMA) is a public body established by the National Drought Management Authority (NDMA) Act, 2016. It previously operated under the State Corporations Act (Cap 446) of the Laws of Kenya by Legal Notice Number 171 of November 24, 2011. The Act gives the NDMA the mandate to exercise overall coordination over all matters relating to drought risk management and to establish mechanisms, either on its own or with stakeholders, that will end drought emergencies in Kenya.
Office Assistant function entails:
- developing duty roster;
- supervising cleanliness of offices and other facilities;
- performing general confidential work as directed;
- supervising staff under him/her. General cleanliness; preparing and serving tea; delivering mail and postage; filing documents;
- stationery requisition and issuance; and Authority’s
- communication is delivered at the stipulated destinations on time
Duties and responsibilities will entail: –
- General cleanliness;
- preparing and serving tea;
- Delivering mail and postage;
- Filing documents;
- Stationery requisition and issuance; and
- Moving or carrying office equipment, furniture and ensuring orderly office arrangement under direction of a supervisor.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D+ (plus) or its equivalent qualification;
- Demonstrated computer literacy
The public is notified of the following:
- Applicants MUST fill the Bio-Data Form(https://forms.gle/zfQhZ52yCC7zbRPd6)
- Applicants who will not fill the bio data form will have their applications rejected.
- All applications MUST be received on or before 24th January 2023 by 5:00 pm.
- NDMA is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disability, marginalized and minorities are encouraged to apply
- There is NO fee charged by NDMA for application of this position 6. Canvassing of any form will result in disqualification of the candidate
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Interested qualified applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, detailed CV, copies of certificates & testimonial with the title of the position clearly indicated in the email subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. and also fill the Bio-data form whose link will be provided in the Authority’s website. Applicants who will not fill the bio data form will have their applications rejected