Operations Manager – Health Financing and Economics at Genesis Analytics,
Operations Manager – Health Financing and Economics at Genesis Analytics
Our purpose is to unlock value in Africa. We use our analytical capabilities to improve decision-making and, through better decisions, to unlock substantial value for our clients and society. While we are the largest economics-based consulting firm in Africa, we use a large number of techniques and approaches to achieve clarity for decision-makers.
Operations Manager – Health Financing and Economics
Genesis is recruiting for an Operations Manager (Health Financing and Economics) to support the service line leadership in ensuring that all the service line projects are well resourced and deliver quality deliverables on time. The Operations Manager will help to ensure that there is an enabling environment to achieve project success, through effectively adopting and implementing all firm and practice business processes.
KEY REQUIREMENTS & ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
The role will focus on providing financial and operational support within the Health Financing and Economics (HFE) service line. There will also be opportunities to undertake health financing, economics and costing technical work on specific projects. Specific roles and responsibilities for the HFE service line include the following:
Monitor and support project delivery
- Liaise with HFE staff who are managing projects and assignments to jointly monitor and report on project performance and provide guidance where needed.
- Track the delivery performance and financial performance of all projects in the service line.
- Work with project managers to ensure project documentation is complete, up to date and complies with the company’s and donors’ administrative requirements.
Operations Support for HFE service line
- Develop and maintain professional and sound working relationships with all group service units as well as external stakeholders and consultants.
- Actively ensure the HFE service line is compliant with health practice and company processes and procedures.
- Support the service line leadership with utilisation planning and analysis, using the annual utilisation planning tool, and in optimising the allocation of staff to projects using the staff project matrix.
- Liaise with hiring managers around recruitment plans and required hires within the service line.
- Support the service line with routine management meetings as required and ensure action points are completed within the agreed upon timeframe.
- Support service line leads in preparing for quarterly and annual reporting.
- Meet with other service line Operations Managers within the Health Practice on a monthly basis to discuss challenges, learnings and updates to any operations processes and procedures.
- Provide guidance and support to project managers on finance-related issues, to ensure compliance with company policies and processes including monthly reporting and use of project budget templates.
- Support project managers with raising subcontractor expenses, purchase orders and client invoicing, as required where there is no project-specific Administrator.
- Provide guidance to HFE staff regarding the bid management process and use of tools.
- Act as Bid Manager for specific strategic opportunities, lead the process from kick-off meeting to post-mortem stage. This includes creating and managing the bid work plan; liaise with project partners and subcontractors around the technical and financial proposal; provide compelling inputs into the technical proposal and support in budget development.
- Support strategic learning through post-mortem and bid-dissemination sessions, using learnings to improve the bid management process.
Technical Project Work
- Based on technical qualifications and experience, undertake technical health financing, economics and costing work on specific opportunities and projects.
- Technical work may include overseeing and supporting literature reviews, study design and developing detailed methodologies, data collection and cleaning, costing and related analysis and evaluations and report writing.
- Implementing and assisting with quality control procedures to ensure high-quality client-ready products.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Relevant management experience in consulting organisations in the health or development sectors is preferred.
- Degree in public health, health economics or development or a related field
- 5 -10 years’ demonstrable experience working on, or supporting, projects funded by bilateral or multi-lateral donors, INGOs or global development agencies
- Ability to influence at all levels with experience of successfully engaging internal and external senior stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work in a busy fast-paced environment, demonstrating a solutions-driven and positive attitude that allows for initiative and resilience.
- Highly developed interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience working with different cultures in complex and challenging working environments.
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines essential.