Operations Officer UPGI at BRAC,
Operations Officer UPGI at BRAC
We are the world’s largest international development organisation, dedicated to empowering people living in poverty. If you were to describe this world to a child, which one of the following would you pick? It is home to magic, art, beauty, and tens of thousands of years of human talent.
Operations Officer UPGI
About the Position
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Operations Officer will support all aspects of operations and administration processes to deliver the UPGI scale-up strategy. This position would require close work with staff in Africa and Asia. As a result, there is a preference for the person to be based in one of BRAC International’s hubs in Washington DC, New York, London, the Hague, Nairobi, or Dhaka.
This role will be a part of the People and Operations team and supports the Operations Manager with day-to-day project logistics, procurement, travel, and administrative operations.
The areas of responsibility for this role include:
- Assist supervisor in procurement activities in collaboration with Operations and Program teams
- Assist with identification of suitable vendors, collection of price quotes, documentation of procurement process, and management of electronic and paper procurement files
- Responsible for circulating RFQs, preparing bid analysis, and issuing purchase orders
- Coordinate all logistical arrangements for project-related events, workshops, seminars, and other training activities
- Responsible for managing & preparing service-level agreements for the smooth running of project activities
- Help manage and administer office resources, including office space, software, subscriptions, computers, hardware, and other related office systems and equipment.
- Organization of procurement and logistic: acquiring quotations from suppliers, preparing bid comparison reports, makes all purchases;
- Support the quarterly reporting to BRAC International’s Executive Risk Management Committee
- Serve as Risk Coordinator for UPGI and update risk register
- Support the development and upkeep of the asset management system.
- Manage travel arrangements, including staff Visa, air tickets, transport, and boarding & lodging for business purposes
- Support the organization of team events (meetings, workshops, etc.).
- Maintains a central filing system for required documents and forms.
- Support the development and systematic management of internal policies and their implementation across the company’s operations
- Organize and process invoices, service orders, and other expense claims to ensure payments and expenditure reporting are up to date.
- Help conduct compliance checks, donor due diligence, and other regulatory responsibilities.
- Support preparation for Operation & Procurement audit by internal & external audiences
- Fulfill other administrative functions as required
- Assist with long-term and short-term recruitment needs for UPGI
- Ensure all trackers and databases are up-to-date and readily available for management information.
- Assist with the identification, selection, recruitment, training, and orientation of new staff members
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation to achieve the program’s goals of safeguarding implementation.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, and encourage others to do so
Qualifications & Requirements
We are looking for an Operations Officer with proven leadership skills, the ability to see the big picture, a hands-on approach to getting things done, and a passion for supporting a global workforce to thrive in challenging environments.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Builds relationships at all levels with people from different professional and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrate sound judgment, integrity, and sensitivity
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong communications skills; strategic and responsive
- Excellent working knowledge of Google Workspace and Microsoft suite packages
- Good understanding of procurement policies
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work an irregular schedule on occasion with the ability to travel frequently and on short notice throughout the country.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum 4-5 of experience in a similar role (e.g., project administrator, project officer, human resources coordinator, or similar positions)
- Ability to make decisions under uncertainty and to assess potential institutional risks.
- Being proactive, assertive, and action-oriented; driven to work without supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Certification in CPSP (Certified Procurement & Supply Professional) will be an added advantage.
- Previous knowledge or strong interest in global development.