Operations Specialist Jobs at Glovo
Glovo is a Spanish start-up founded in Barcelona in 2015. It is an on-demand courier service that purchases, picks up, and delivers products ordered through its mobile app. It aspires to be a multi-category lifestyle app with food delivery being the most popular offering
Your Work-life Opportunity
The Glover Specialist will be responsible to lead and supervise the Glover Specialist as they conduct day-to-day operations, managing the Couriers, helping and creating organizational and program budgets in collaboration with Management and ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organizations financial and operations functions.
Be a Part Of a Team Where You Will
- Plans and oversees strategic, operational, and administrative programs, projects, and/or services of broad significance to the organization within the designated functional area of focus.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effects changes required for improvement.
- Provides strategic advice and recommendations to leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of new or modified operating policies, practices, and procedures within the specified functional area of focus.
- Recruit, train and onboard the entire fleet of Couriers (couriers) in the Glovo cities across the country
- Be responsible for implementing processes and optimizing strategies involving the acquisition and retention of Couriers
- Have a Data Sensitive approach, making sure that all the information is transferred to our database and reports
- Analyzes, designs, documents, and implements internal reporting systems and procedures for the organization or business entity, within a specified functional area of operation, as applicable to the specified functional area of focus.
- Be responsible for all documentation and contracts of Couriers in the country
- Be in touch with the fleet of couriers so as to provide support and understand operational issues being faced by the couriers in their line of work
- Take care of procurement, ensuring that all Couriers receive the work kit and are ready to spread the Glovo brand
- Ensure that all Couriers are properly trained and prepared to provide feedback to the Fleet Operations Manager
- Manage scheduling, attendance and general administration of Info-Sessions while supporting daily operations through operational supervision and analysis of KPIs
- Communicate effectively with the local and regional Operations Managers on customer support processes and operations
- Improve processes on behalf of Couriers through projects (when necessary)
- Recommend effective strategies for the financial well-being of Glovo.
- Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals.
- Monitor adherence to rules, regulations, and procedures by Couriers.
- Identify channels to source new leads and potential Couriers through both online and offline mediums
- Analyze daily and weekly operation metrics with a macro view of the long-term success of the city.
- Optimize delivery times and Courier earnings.
- Develop analytical frameworks and models for your city and the region
- Oversee organizational insurance policies. Ensure health and Safety committee meetings are held and tasks assigned.
- Ensure service levels are maintained and customer satisfaction achieved.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Economics, Commerce or similar education.
- Computer literacy in MS programs or ERP systems.
- 2 +years of experience in high demanding positions (operations, consulting, investment banking, etc.)
- Analytical skills is a must! You are able to run ad hoc analysis on Excel or any other analysis tool with a view to making decisions about day to day operations in the country!
- Experience in on-demand delivery is a plus
- Open to directions and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Effective English written and communication skills
- Results oriented, autonomous and efficient
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Glovo on boards.greenhouse.io to apply