Outreach Project Officer at Biovision Africa Trust (BvAT),
Outreach Project Officer at Biovision Africa Trust (BvAT)
Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations, Jobs at Biovision Africa Trust (BvAT).
Biovision Africa Trust (BvAT) is a not-for-profit organization established in Kenya in 2009 by the Biovision Foundation for ecological development in Switzerland and supported by the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (ICIPE) in Nairobi.
Outreach Project Officer
- Job Field: Project Management
- Project Officer will closely work with the Farmer Communication and Outreach Project Manager in the overall project management including project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and reporting in accordance with the program principles, approaches, and procedures of our organization. The project officer will also work with diverse stakeholders including the relevant county government departments across the 3 project implementing counties and will be required to provide technical backstopping to the project implementation team to ensure climatesmart and resilient practices to scale. The project seeks to innovatively scale up agroecology practices in the farming households and promote engagement in organic farming as a business beyond just subsistence farming thereby contributing to environmental and social economic benefits that will build resilient farming systems and livelihoods.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and management support to the project implementation teams to carry out farmer trainings, on–farm demos, exchange visits on agroecological practices in agroforestry, soil health management and, indigenous vegetables as well as poultry value chains. Should also inspire the project implementation teams.
- Ensure the planned project activities are implemented according to the agreed timelines and ensuring satisfaction of completion.
- Ensure the project implementation teams are well versed with project deliverables and work according to the project implementation plans as much as possible.
- Ensure the project teams maintain an updated database of all the project beneficiaries according to details provided by the project management team.
- Ensure timely tracking and reporting of project implementation and achievement of expected results against planned objectives and targets.
- Ensure the project resources (physical assets and financial resources) are properly secured, utilized, and well maintained to assure efficient delivery of the project objectives.
- Support the procurement of the required project inputs (goods and services) according to the organization’s procurement and project guidelines and procedures.
- Identify and engage with the relevant project stakeholders at the county and national levels to secure the necessary needed support to ensure success.
- Work in liaison with other BvAT programmes and projects namely Infonet – Biovision, TOF Radio, Mkulima Mbunifu, and TOF Magazine to contribute on content development and dissemination.
- Ensure field teams maintain updated documentation of all the relevant aspects of the project following the recommended reporting template.
- Compile and submit timely monthly plans and reports to the Outreach Project manager.
- Participate in farmer resource centre monthly planning and reporting meetings.
- Carry out any other relevant project duties assignment by the supervisor.
- Internal Relationships: All departments
- External Relationships: Contact with research and development partners, including icipe, KALRO, KSF and the relevant County and national government departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or a related field.
- Certificate in Project Management (desired).
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience, and especially working with farmers.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Project Management – Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Background knowledge in agroecology including organic agriculture, agroforestry.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Training and facilitation skills.
- Computer use skills – demonstration of use relevant software applications.
- communication skills.
- Networking and partnership management skills.
- Fundraising/resource mobilization skills.
- Teamwork skills.
- People management skills.
- Effective collaborator and positive influencer.
- Strong facilitation and organisational capabilities.
- Strong work ethics.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
Responsibility for finances and physical assets:
- The job holder participates in budgeting and ensures responsible stewardship of the project assets as per the donor guidelines
- The job holder is fully involved in decision making aspects of project implementation in consultation with the Outreach Manager.
- The job holder has access to all information regarding this project and donor information.
- The job is field based with extensive travel to across the 3 western Kenya counties.
If you believe you qualify for this position, please apply with your CV and cover letter as one file indicating a summary of your key qualifications and expected salary and benefits to firstname.lastname@example.org and Cc. email@example.com with the job title: Outreach Project Officer, on the subject line to be received not later than 6th August, 2023.We will not accept applications without a CV and cover letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.