Pharmaceutical Technologists Jobs at PCEA Chogoria Hospital, Jobs in Kenya, Latest Jobs in Kenya, Jobs Advertised Today, Government Jobs, NGO Jobs, UN Jobs, Online Jobs, Freelance Jobs, Part Time Jobs, Full Time Jobs
Pharmaceutical Technologists Jobs at PCEA Chogoria Hospital
- Company: PCEA Chogoria Hospital
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Kenya, Pharmaceutical Jobs in Kenya
Chogoria hospital was started by the Scottish missionaries back in 1922 with the help of Mr and Mrs. Irvine being in charge. Chogoria hospital is on a side-road that branches off Embu – Meru highway about 2km from the highway. Chogoria hospital was built in a serene environment around 200km north of Nairobi city. It is situated within the fast-growing Chogoria township in the Mwimbi division, Maara district in Tharaka – Nithi county.
Reporting to the In-Charge Pharmacy, the position holder’s job purpose will be to deliver efficient and timely Pharmacy services.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Scrutinizes Patient Treatment Sheets and Prescriptions for suitability of prescribed drugs in relation to dosing accuracy, drug interaction and route of administration
- Provide drug information to patients, doctors, nurses and other medical staff.
- Timely and accurate posting dispensed drugs for billing purposes.
- Assist the Pharmacy in-charge in placing orders for stock replenishment to the Pharmacy Store to maintain optimal stock levels
- Participates in regular drug expiry monitoring in the pharmacy to identify and document items with expiry of less than the required.
- Compounding, re-packaging and dilutions of drugs according to laid down guidelines.
- Counsel patients appropriately to ensure adherence to drug therapy.
- Participate in stock take exercise and ensure timely explanation of stock variances.
- Training and supervising pharmaceutical technologist interns.
- Entering prescriptions orders into the computer and making labels appropriately
- Assist in preparing and sending periodic management reports.
- Document adverse drug reactions on patients.
- Participate in internal and external audits
- Receiving drugs and verifying against the Stock transfer printout
- Shelving of items appropriately
- Performing stock counts and stock movement analysis
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized institution
- Current and up to date registration with the Pharmaceutical and Poisons Board
- Keen on detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to interpret prescription accurately.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Counseling skills
- Customer service skills
- Must be a mature practicing Christian
- Essential Personal Attributes
- Ability to work under pressure
- High standards of personal integrity
- Pleasant personality
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
How to apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to :
PCEA Chogoria Hospital
P.O. Box 35 – 60401
Closing Date : 24 June. 2022