Pharmacy Manager at Avenue Healthcare
Pharmacy Manager at Avenue Healthcare
Avenue Hospital was founded in 1995 for the purpose of managing the outpatient department at the Hospital, and to extend medical services to corporate clientele through an innovative concept of Managed Healthcare.
Pharmacy Manager Jobs
The Pharmacy Manager will be responsible for ensuring that high quality standards are maintained at all times in the provision of medication and medical consumables per Avenue Healthcare’s defined policies and procedures.
The pharmacy manager will perform the following people management duties as guided by Avenue HR policies and in coordination with the HR Department.
- Efficient utilization of Pharmacy techs, pharmacy clerks and pharmacy assistants
- Liaise with the Medical Services Manager to ensure optimal staff levels as well as efficient use of overtimes and locums.
- Medication management, daily / random counts, variance and expiry monitoring to achieve optimal stock management and tidy shelves.
- Identify training gaps and liaise with HR and medical quality team to facilitate training
- Participate in the recruitment, interviewing and hiring pharmacy personnel
- Ensure all pharmacy staff undergo orientation, training and competence assessment checks
- Reward, Recognition and Discipline
- Ensure that deserving staff are recognized/rewarded
- Disciplinary action (with proper cause) is undertaken without undue delay and per defined policies
- Staff supervision: Responsible for supervising all pharmacy staff (Pharm techs,clerks and assistants) and evaluating performance.
- Manage and lead the Pharmacy Units (Outpatient, Special Clinics and Inpatient) in the provision of safe, timely, efficient, effective and patientcentered pharmacy services and operations
- Implement safe medication use processes in all the pharmacy units
- Develop and / or maintain operational and quality policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance to the pharmacy policies, procedures and pharmacy manual
- Ensure optimal Financial Management of Pharmacy services
- Stock Management:
- Physical Inventory count / Stock takes daily for high value items and monthly for all items
- in all pharmacy units, wards, Surgical and consumables stores, theatre and other area with pharmacy items.
- Maintain optimal stock levels to achieve a target of 1521 inventory days without stock outs
- ·Perform accurate and timely stock variance reporting with justifiable reasons prior to approval and adjustments
- Target zero expiries and stock losses
- Prepare a monthly report for pharmacy based on KPIs
- Check margins monthly for items to ensure target margins are attained
- Develop plans and lead efforts to improve financial performance in assigned areas of responsibility
- Ensure highest quality of care and service in the Pharmacy units:
- Supervise the drug preparations for high alert medication and extemporaneous preparations & compounding e.g., dermatological preparations and syrups
- Ensure appropriate storage of pharmacy items with temperature & humidity monitoring and in compliance with other policies including Hazmat items handling
- Patient satisfaction and confidentiality:
- Ensure patient satisfaction through quality of care, communication, and collection of feedback from patients as determined in the KPI using the standardized patient satisfaction in the pharmacy units.
- Always maintain client/patient privacy and confidentiality
- Any other duty as assigned by your immediate supervisor in line with the job description
- Bachelors in Pharmacy (BPharm)
- A valid Kenya Pharmacy and Poisons Board (PPB) practice License
- Updated BLS certificate
- Leadership & Management certificate/degree
- Not less than 3 years’ experience in Pharmacy Management
- COHSASA or other Accreditation experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Application documents (CV and Certificates) must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job position you are applying for as the subject of the email by 27th January 2023