Principal Human Resource Officer Vacancy at Taita Taveta County,
Principal Human Resource Officer Vacancy at Taita Taveta County
Taita-Taveta County lies approximately 200 km northwest of Mombasa and 360 km southeast of Nairobi. The capital is Mwatate even though it is the fourth-largest town in the county after Voi, Wundanyi and Taveta in that order. The population of the county is well over 250,000 persons with population densities ranging from 3 persons per km2.
Principal Human Resource Officer Vacancy
TERMS: PERMANENT AND PENSIONABLE
- Formulate, implement, interpret and review appropriate human resource management policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
- Plan, design, develop and evaluate human resource-related initiatives that support organizational strategic goals.
- Design human resource planning and strategies.
- Coordinate recruitment, placement, promotion, training and development ofstaff.
- Coordinate Performance Management and Performance Appraisal.
- Receive and handle discipline issues.
- Manage employee, labour and industrial relations.
- Administer salary and manage the payroll.
- Plan and implement staff welfare issues and benefits including pension and insurance covers.
- Ensure compliance with statutory human resource legislation, rules, regulations, conventions, policies, procedures and industry practices.
- Manage human resource records and general registries.
- Provide consultation and advice to management on strategic HR matters.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety.
- Mainstream key service policies e.g. HIV/AIDS, gender and disability issues.
- Plan and execute ward offices and partisan staff management.
- Contract management for Human Resource and administration activities.
- Provide supervision to staff and the department and issue report regarding implementation of policies and procedures.
For appointment to this grade, one must have;
- Be a Kenyan Citizen.
- Have vast and relevant work experience of not less than seven (7) years inHuman Resource Management in public or private sector.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or other Social Sciences from a recognized University.
- Be a registered Member of Institute of Human Resource Management and in good standing.
- Have attended a Senior Management course lasting not less than 4 weeks from a recognized institution or its equivalent.
- Be proficient in Human Resource Information Systems.
- Certified Human Resource Professionals (CHRP-K) holder will be an added advantage.
- Satisfy chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their application with copies of:
- National Identification Card (ID).
- Academic & Professional certificates and Testimonials.
- Detailed curriculum vitae
Please note that:
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- Taita Taveta County Assembly Service Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All applications should be addressed to:
County Assembly Service Board,
County Assembly of Taita Taveta,
P.O. Box 1142-80304,
Or be hand delivered to the Clerk’s office, County Assembly precincts, Wundanyi, to be received on or before Monday, 31st July, 2023 at 4.00 p.m.