Principal Internal Audit Officer at Kenya Dairy Board,
Principal Internal Audit Officer at Kenya Dairy Board
Kenya Dairy Board (KDB) is a state corporation under the Ministry of Agriculture Livestock and Fisheries established through an Act of Parliament, CAP 336 of the Laws of Kenya. Dairy farming and marketing of dairy products in Kenya goes way back to 1900 when it was in the hands of the colonial settlers. As Africans exerted pressure to have a share in dairy activities at that time, there was need to expand the sector and allow the native Africans to also produce and have a market share. A committee was formed in early 1940’s chaired by the department of Agriculture of the time which led to the development of the Swynnerton plan of 1948 that recommended the inclusion of Africans in dairy farming.
Principal Internal Audit Officer
Principal Internal Audit Officer job opportunity at the Kenya Dairy Board. The Board is seeking to offer opportunities to qualified professionals who are focused, organised and result oriented in the following positions: Principal Internal Audit Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities of the Principal Internal Audit Officer will entail:
- Developing a comprehensive programme of engagement coverage for assigned areas;
- Ensuring conformity to acceptable standards, plans, budgets and schedules;
- Assisting in the preparation of specific audit assignment plans and programmes;
- Following up audits to determine the extent of implementation of audit recommendations;
- Carrying out audit tests on internal controls in all processes;
- Ensuring that the audit findings are properly documented;
- Preparing draft audit reports detailing audit findings;
- Leading specific audit teams;
- Preparing audit reports.
Minimum requirements for the Principal Internal Audit Officer
- Have a minimum period eight (8) years relevant work experience three of which must have been in a senior audit position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be in possession of any of the following: – CPA (K) or, CISA or, CFE or, CIA or its equivalent;
- Be a member of any of the following professional bodies- Institute of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (ICPAK), Institute of Internal Auditors of Kenya (IIA Kenya), Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE);
- Be proficient in Computer applications;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Application accompanied by a detailed CV containing academic qualifications, email addresses, day telephone contacts as well as copies of relevant certificates, testimonials, national identification card are invited from persons qualified for the above positions. The applicants should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of a least two referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and area of specialization. The applicant should request their referees to submit their references directly to the undersigned. Application and referees confidential report on the applicant’s suitability for the job should only be submitted online via email on or before midnight of 25th January 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to:
The Managing Director,
Kenya Dairy Board,
Headquarter Office, NSSF Building, Block “A”,
Eastern Wing 10th Floor P.O Box 30406-00100, NAIROBI