Procurement Manager at SABIS International School,
Procurement Manager at SABIS International School
SABIS is a global education network that has an active presence in 20 countries on five continents. Schools in the SABISÂ® Network educate over 70,000 students and implement a proven, proprietary system. SABISÂ® Network schools provide students with a top-quality education that prepares them to meet the challenges of a changing world.
Ensuring the timely procurement of goods and services for the school, while maintaining cost-effectiveness commensurate with quality.
- Purchasing school furnishings and supplies, including but not limited to furniture, stationery, and toiletries, among others, in order to centralize and ensure the best cost while maintaining quality and optimal quantity.
- Preparing the technical specifications for requests for proposals, including terms and conditions and evaluation criteria.
- Preparing and developing bid documents and supplier bid lists to obtain competitive quotations on commodities and services.
- Preparing and maintaining accurate records and documentation on all solicitations, responses, purchases, contracts, correspondence, and related follow-up.
- Expediting outstanding purchase orders to ensure that delivery requirements are met.
- Promoting and developing contact and liaison with current suppliers, while identifying potential ones to improve the levels of service and develop new sources of supply.
- Sourcing, negotiating prices, and purchasing other items such as corporate and school items, as well as student and stationery materials.
- Forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the school’s needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels.
- Serving as liaison with vendors to monitor and consolidate orders for better management of expenses.
- Finalizing payments to suppliers as per the school rules and regulations.
- Performing other related tasks as assigned by the school management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing and Supply Management or its equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a Procurement Manager.
- Valid membership with KISM.
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to analyze information.
- Professional behavior and ethical conduct.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team.