Mombasa Water Supply & Sanitation Company Limited
Exciting Career Opportunity in The Water Sector
Position: Procurement Manager
No of Posts: 1
Job Grade: 3
Reporting to: Managing Director
Terms of Employment: Permanent and Pensionable
Basic Salary Details: Kshs. 75,000 – 226,920 Kshs per month
Purpose of the Job: To ensure timely procurement of quality goods and services commensurate with the value for the company in accordance with the existing laws and regulations.
Key Result Areas and Duties
- Coordinate preparation of annual procurement plans for approval
- Prepare quarterly and annual procurement report to the Managing Director
- Ensure goods are procured at the most competitive and economic prices.
- Ensure timely advertisements of annual tender and registration of supplies
- Providing technical guidance to the procurement committees
- Oversee timely delivery of goods and services as requisitioned
- Liaise with other departments on sourcing of required goods, services and equipment
- Receive procurement requests from users and process as per approved policy
- Receive tender document and prepare reports for the relevant Committee for discussions and approval
- Ensure proper disposal of obsolete items according to Public Procurement and Disposal Act
- Develop and implement effective stock control systems
- Ensure sound management of stores and monitor levels of items to maintain minimum reorder levels
- Maintain an updated list of qualified and approved suppliers, contractors and consultants
- Ensure proper control of stores and inventories
- Maintain accurate records on procurement
- Ensure compliance with Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2015 and Public Procurement and Asset Regulations, 2020 and any other and circulars/directives that may be made by the government from time to time on procurement issues.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Board of Directors
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Purchasing and Supply Chain Management or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- A Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- Must be a member of Kenya Institute Supplies Management (KISM) and a holder of a current practicing License.
- At least seven (7) years of experience of which three (3) should have been in a senior management position.
- Experience working with international donor agencies will be an added advantage and international business experience is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of the various procurement Acts
Required skills and Competencies.
- Should possess excellent interpersonal, negotiations and communication skills.
- Must be able to lead and motivate multi-skilled teams in a dynamic work environment.
- Possess leadership qualities and be a team player with a high degree of integrity and ability to relate across different professional functions and situations.
- Be a team player and uphold collective responsibility
Application procedures and Deadline
Candidates, who meet the above specifications and have the drive to join a highly motivated work team, should submit their applications and CV including a reliable telephone and e-mail contact of self and at least three (3) referees, to reach us on or before Monday 7th November, 2022 addressed to:
The Managing Director,
Mombasa Water Supply & Sanitation Co. Ltd,
P.O Box 1100-80100, Mombasa.
E-mail Address: email@example.com
MOWASSCO is an equal opportunity employer and women and people with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Those who will not have heard from us by 1st December,2022 should consider themselves unsuccessful.