Position: Product Quality & Operation Pharmacist
Company: IMS East Africa Ltd
Reference: PQ Pharmacist
Job Function: To ensure business compliance with the relevant regulations as Pharmacist and ensure that the operational tasks are performed as described in the relevant business procedures.
Key Performance Areas
- Initiate, implement, review and update SOPs and Process flows to reflect the current GMP and GDP practices and business practices
- Review QMS Index. Identify business processes that require review and ensure review is completed within the approved timeframe and in line with in country regulations.
- Ensure that there is a rational/robust flow of products in the warehouse & segregation of functional areas i.e Inbound, Outbound, Reverse logistics, Rejects, Quarantine & control substances/High Risk
- Ensure that the facility is temperature controlled and is monitored daily for both ambient and cold chain storage
- Conduct Quality inspections on all products received into the RDC for compliance.
- Identify Product Quality Complaints and trending of damaged products received. TMD retrieval, downloads and review.
- QA Sampling and Quarantine release
- Inventory & stock storage – ensure one product per bin, status labeling where applicable and FEFO application
- Review and approval of all inventory adjustments.
- Ensure Compliance of vehicles to transport pharmaceutical
- Returns process – Quality Assessments on returned goods in accordance with approved criteria, quarterly trending of reasons for returns.
- Rejected product management – ensure identification and segregation (logically and physically)
- Recall strategy – ensure recall strategy is in place and complies with PPB and Client requirements.
- Destruction – in line with local legislation
- Verification and approval of Customer accounts and vendors (Legal status).
- Update and/or notify the imperial Senior Management and Clients on problems such as Product quality complaints or non-conforming products, stolen goods / hijacks and counterfeit stock.
- Reply on Audit reports from Imperial QA/Clients
- Initiate / ensure that Non- Conformances are initiated, reviewed, evaluated and closed.
- Implement systems for effective control of regulatory compliance.
- Plan and conduct internal audits in conjunction with QA (MS), according to required Standards (PPB / GWP / ISO 9001:2015) and client requirements.
- Ensure staff are trained and aware of GDP requirements
- Review Quality agreements are in place with all vendors, holders of certificates of registration and 3rd Party Service providers where services rendered directly affects product quality
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Registered with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board
Skills and experience required
- Minimum 5 years of experience within logistics services industry
- Working knowledge of the Pharmacy act
- Knowledge of Good Wholesale/Distribution Practice
- Planning, organization skills
- Self-development, Motivation
- Decision–making, problem-solving, creativity
- Analytical skills, attention to detail
- Good reading and writing skills in English
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Positive, confident, self-motivated, and able to work as a member of a team
- Computer literacy – knowledge of SAP preferable
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Applications to: email@example.com
Closing date: 18th October,2022
Equity statement: Imperial is committed to Transformation, which encompases Employment Equity, Diversity and Inclusion whenrecruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible.Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants. Should you not have received a response within 4 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.