Job Advert: Production Manager
Colour Labels Limited which commenced its operations in the printing and packaging industry in the year 1979 and being in operations for more than 40 years strives to be the leading supplier of high-quality printing and packaging products through improved innovation and diversification with the aim to provide a greater product offering is looking for a qualified Candidate to fill position of Production Manager.
The role will be based in our HQ in Nairobi Industrial area Nanyuki Road.
Job Summary: The Production Manager will be in charge of coordinating the company technical / Production systems and processing of high-quality standard products, which meet the customers’ market specifications and quality standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, review, and implement company policies, procedures and practices that support attainment of company goals and objectives in respect of production of products.
- Utilization of the company’s available resources to follow-up and achieve targets in respect to the overall targets of the day.
- Ensuring that cleaning, sanitary, hygiene, systems are maintained within the processing line in liaising with the quality controllers and Supervisors
- Records maintenance / updating systems to facilitate corrective action to be taken to ensure safety.
- To research and develop new products in relation to the company’s capacity and available resources.
- Developing an action plan to make the targets viable.
- Evaluating / adjusting on products formulations to make them cost effective and compete well at the same time maintain the required quality.
- Educating the other staff members on good manufacturing practices.
- Ensuring workforce discipline is maintained within the set working hours and regulations by liaising with the production supervisors.
- Evaluation on the cost of production both direct and indirect on frequent basis to enable running at minimum cost levels and still producing quality goods.
- Presentation and preparation of reports which are submitted to the Directors for further action plan.
- To seek assistance from the Directors in terms of administrative or management problems.
- To control and reduce on the rejection sale at all levels of operations and to be responsible for accountability (liaising with the Quality controllers and Supervisors)
- Carry out any other duties at the request of the Directors as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators
- Improvement of production efficiency and yields per batch per day.
- Reduction of production costs and utilization of raw materials.
- Maintain and sustain product quality within acceptable market standards.
- Maintain and optimize staff levels within acceptable Labour cost levels.
Required Qualifications, Qualities and Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant
- 7 years’ experience as a Production Manager in a busy Printing manufacturing Plant
- Excellent knowledge and extensive experience in computer applications, MS word, Excel, and access
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Must be a good communicator, good listener, patient, proactive and with vast knowledge in Production
- Ability to follow instructions, good listener, honest and attention to detail
How to Apply
If you meet our qualifications and experience and you are looking to make a difference in a dynamic team, you are hereby invited to make your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th October 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.