Job Title: Productivity Analyst
SBU / Function / Business Area: People & Culture
Reports To / Line Manager: Sales & Productivity, Work stream Lead
Function and Business Area Purpose
We are a diversified standalone African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of products and services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance.
The Bank is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
We own majority stakes in banks in Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, the Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania (ABSA Bank in Tanzania and National Bank of Commerce), Uganda and Zambia.
We also have representative offices in Namibia and Nigeria, as well as insurance operations in Botswana, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania and Zambia.
- The Productivity Analyst position will be hired on a 6 months contract as part of a squad team under Transformation Office to deliver on productivity initiatives across the bank
- As part of this team, the Productivity Analyst assesses workflows to determine how business units can improve their productivity performance and provide high quality service in a cost-effective manner.
- This position will interact with business unit leaders and teams across the bank and reports to the Sales & Productivity Work stream Lead under People Function.
- Main accountabilities and approximate time split
- Research best practice trends and tools on productivity management approaches from comparative local and global peers
- Assess workforce productivity performance and improvements for multiple business units and departments
- Analysis of current process and operational standards
- Requirement to read, review, prepare and analyze written data and figures, use observations to develop conclusions
- Undertake detailed work studies through observation and data analysis to inform development of appropriate productivity models
- Development of fair productivity standards and targets in conjunction with business unit leaders
- Inform the development of productivity measurement and monitoring tools and frameworks in conjunction with the CDO team
Knowledge, Technical skills / Competencies
Skills and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related degree.
- Minimum 5 years of business change or program management experience
- Experience in productivity and process analysis
- Consulting experience in any of the following areas: job analysis, workflow, lean six sigma, performance and/or productivity management
- Previous HR or business operational experience or data analytics background in Retail or FMCG
- Analytical thinking – ability to analyze high volumes of data and information and draw appropriate insights
- Excellent written or verbal communication skills
- Relationship building: ability to effectively build rapport with colleagues
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Excel (pivot Tables, v-lookups, etc.), PowerPoint, and Access.
- Knowledge of process mapping tools e.g. Visio or process maker
- Report writing skills
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- Good data and information gathering skills including questioning and interviewing techniques
- A curious mind-set and a desire to capture and interrogate data
- Ability to work under pressure and still meet up with given deadlines
- Ability to prepare root cause and executive reports
- Possess effective communication skills to interact with diverse groups of people both oral and written
- Attention to detail
- Our People are our Strength
- We are Customer Obsessed
- We have an African Heartbeat
- We drive high performance for sustainable results
How to Apply
Send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 23rd October 2022.
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line; PRODUCTIVITY ANALYST
(Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted)