Program Associate at Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE),
Program Associate at Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE)
The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society
- Process and track payment requests, field office liquidations, travel expense reports, documents for signature, narrative and financial reports, etc.
- Prepare routine correspondence and mailings such as grant agreements, consultant contracts, reporting requirements for grantees, grant and contract modifications, etc.
- Communicate with grantees and prospective partners in the Africa region on administrative and due diligence issues.
- Assist in writing, reviewing, editing, and preparing periodic reports, project proposals, articles, and other documents for submission to donor agencies and for promotional use by CIPE.
- Coordinate international travel arrangements, events, and local meeting logistics.
- Create and maintain program, financial, correspondence, and contract files, both in paper form and electronically.
- Adhere to appropriate CIPE and donor policies and procedures.
- Work with the Program Officers and other CIPE Africa department staff to coordinate project management deliverables and activities for the Africa portfolio.
- Assist in training staff members and new hires.
- Perform legal and factual research.
- Collaborate with multiple CIPE departments to achieve programmatic goals, including Communications, Grants and Finance, Knowledge Management, and other regional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in International Relations, International Business, Economic Development, Finance, Political Science, Public Policy or Trade Policy.
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience conducting data entry to disburse payments to individuals, suppliers, and partners.
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
- Strong writing abilities, critical thinking skills, and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Flexibility to collaborate with a team or work independently and deliver consistently reliable results.
- Detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good financial acumen and ability to develop, manage, and monitor project budgets.