Program Associate/Program Manager at Wasoko,
Program Associate/Program Manager at Wasoko
Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Program Associate/Program Manager
This is a role for the go-getters and the problem solvers who are not afraid to get out of their comfort zone and roll up their sleeves to deliver results.
In this role, you are in charge of designing and guiding end-to-end delivery of strategic, cross-functional programs and projects to support critical business goals. Whenever needed, you will support executives and department leads in corporate planning and other initiatives.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Leverage data to identify problems and issues across the organization and proactively design/scope/lead execution of strategic programs and projects
- Work with diverse stakeholders to drive the design and execution of cross-functional programs and projects, ensuring efficient, high impact delivery
- Organize clear project plans detailing objectives, stakeholder roles & responsibilities, execution / delivery timelines, and update methods & cadence
- Proactively provide regular updates to stakeholders on program/project execution, impact delivered and roadblocks to address
- Quickly and effectively identify roadblocks impeding project success and recommend solutions. Where necessary pro-actively escalate matters to relevant leaders
- Identify areas for improvement and provide actionable recommendations to realize gains through the full project lifecycle.
- Provide comprehensive project/program documentation (including playbooks) that enable indirect or new stakeholders to quickly absorb project objectives, processes and progress to date.
- Navigating the global and local organizations structure to make things move
- Promoting a culture of excellence, collaboration and accountability
- Stellar strategic and critical thinking skills
- Data-driven and analytical skills (Advanced level in Excel / Google Sheets /)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (including to C-level executives)
- Proven track record of successful management of complex cross-functional projects and programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other relevant field
- Prior experience organizing analytics-driven projects or programs
- Strong business and financial acumen with an ability to provide cost/benefit analysis and recommendations
- Ability to influence organizational change beyond formal hierarchical structures
- French proficiency is a plus