Program Specialist Jobs at TechnoServe Kenya, Jobs in Kenya, Latest Jobs in Kenya, Jobs Advertised Today, Government Jobs, NGO Jobs, UN Jobs, Online Jobs, Freelance Jobs, Part Time Jobs, Full Time Jobs
Program Specialist Jobs at TechnoServe Kenya
- Company: TechnoServe Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Business/Administration Jobs in Kenya, Economics Jobs in Kenya, Project Management Jobs in Kenya
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that hardworking people can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives. Our success in creating business solutions to poverty is due in large part to our talented and highly committed team. TechnoServe employs more than 900 people, the vast majority of them host-country nationals working in the field. Our staff combine business expertise with local knowledge, relationships and context to help hardworking men and women generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. In 2014, TechnoServe’s work made a difference in the lives of 1.7 million people in more than 29 countries, creating a better life and better world for this generation and the generation to come.
The one-year Technical Assistance Accelerator Prelude (TAAP) investment will lay the foundation for a potential five-year Technical Assistance Accelerator (TAA) program main grant to increase relevant and sustained large-scale coverage of fortified foods. Under the initial TAAP, TechnoServe will develop, implement, and refine the model for the larger TAA program: establishing a PPP platform; building and managing relationships with private sector partners; and developing scalable tools and program elements. It will also serve as an opportunity to explore industry-owned innovations in the enabling environment for food fortification that harness digitalization.
The vision for the TAA, is a public-private partnership (PPP) with Fortification Partners providing technical assistance (TA) and high-quality inputs to over 100 national food processors per year in 9 countries, helping to close gaps in their motivation and ability to comply with national fortification regulations. The TAA will set up a platform to link these Fortification Partners with specific local food processors, matching Fortification Partners’ technical expertise and strategic interests with the identified capability gaps of the TA recipients. The TAAP will focus on 6 countries namely, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Nigeria, of which India, Kenya and Nigeria will serve as operational nodes.
The Program Specialist will work with the Program Manager and other program staff to ensure that the listed deliverables below are executed to the highest quality of work to ensure the program achieves its objectives.
Key roles and responsibilities:
Stakeholder Engagement and Communication
- Coordinate and manage portfolio of TAAP companies
- Liaise with, communicate, and coordinate with TAAP processors/clients for scoping/diagnostic meetings in production facilities.
- Strategically maintain and develop relationships between the global private sector partners and TAAP processors in Kenya
- Develop strategies for effective tracking and monitoring of B2B matches between the TAAP processors and global partners in achieving set goals.
- Effectively capture mutually beneficial scope of work between the global partners and TAAP processors in Kenya.
- Prepare high-quality, rigorous reports and other materials to communicate the performance of TAAP Kenya
- When necessary, represent TAAP Kenya at meetings and conferences and all stakeholders
- Support the preparation of materials on TAAP Kenya for donors and public
- Provide technical and operational assistance to TAAP Kenya Manager (SFPM) and TAAP processors
- Contribute to concept development and fundraising proposals
- Support the Senior Food Processing/Fortification Manager and others to ensure that all TAAP program activities are completed according to the implementation timeframe and budget
- Implement innovative project management solutions to ensure constant communication and smooth and timely budget disbursements
- Support the exploration and building of new partnerships to reach program targets while demonstrating innovation and creative thinking in the face of complex situations.
Event Planning and Coordination
- Support stakeholder coordination efforts related to stakeholder convenings in form of Sector Wide Trainings-SWT, Validation workshops, CEO forum and other program learning events.
- Prepare concept notes, budgets, venue, and RSVP for planned events
- Prepare meeting notes and follows up on action items as discussed in preparation for scheduled events service providers/ consultants.
- Contribute to the development of relevant marketing materials to be presented for scheduled events with support from TechnoServe staff in the Home Office.
- Work with SFPM to identify and confirm attendees of these events, providing additional adequate briefs to participants when necessary. This should also include active tracking of RSVPs and follow up as required for the events.
- Ensures that s/he contributes the analysis of various platform options and IT support plan, by working with internal TechnoServe departments and external resources
- Prepare a run of show for the events as required
- Support program team to send follow-up emails and secure time to meet/ brief key representatives
- Most importantly, the selected applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Strategy – contribute to the development of the overall planning approach for the events, including goals, structure, theme, logistics, budget, and timeline.
- Logistics – Meeting platform and date selection; run-of-show development and support; working with vendors including IT consultants if needed
- Operation Support- Identifying and contracting appropriate vendors capable of providing necessary support for quality execution.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Competencies (Skills And Attributes):
- Excellent project management and strategic thinking abilities
- Strong analytical and technical abilities
- Negotiation and advocacy skills
- Ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to operate within the corporate and public sectors to effectively liaise with private companies, development agencies, and governments in multiple cultures
- Ability to manage contractors to deliver high quality results
- Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates good judgment, expert problem solving, and creativity
- Strong communication skills in multicultural, multi-lingual environment
- Flexible, goal oriented and willingness to travel in challenging environments
- IT literate with exposure and experience in using basic office packages ((Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to use other program management technology packages is an added advantage.
Required skills and experiences:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Nutrition, Food Science, Business Administration, Economics or a suitable equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ experience delivering:
- Project Management: Developing an effective strategy related to the overall planning approach for the event, including goals, structure, theme, logistics, budget, and timeline. This also includes the identification appropriate vendors capable of providing necessary support for quality execution.
- Conference Production and Logistics: Venue and date selection; run-of-show development and support; working with vendors including caterers and audio visual
- Branding and Communications Strategy: of technical concepts in a clear, compelling, and concise manner and constructing messages that are accessible to a range of audiences. This will also include development of solutions to support a variety of business needs including brand awareness, promotion, lead generation as well as user relationship building.
- Content Development and Editing: Taking full responsibility for the development of content for timely dissemination and ensuring the development of communications products meeting project standards on structure, clarity, and persuasiveness.
- Media Relations: Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of current media channels and tools, including social media. This entails conducting research for target audience and strategic goal setting.
- Communication Skills: Effective communication is also vital in this role, evidence of a role managing and communicating with senior managers and personnel on a range of project subjects, as is a role in dealing with potential clients, vendors and third parties.
- Stakeholder Management: Demonstrable evidence of applying and understanding general principles around outreach to various stakeholder groups such as sector companies, government institutions, and development partners.
How to apply
Closing Date : 22 June. 2022