Business Administration jobs,Strategic Management jobs,Project Management jobs,Statistics jobs,
Programme Manager – Vaccine R&D and Workforce Development
- Establish and implement programmatic goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures
- Take responsibility for day-to-day operational and financial management of the vaccine R&D and workforce development initiative
- Plan and track capital, operating budgets and expenditures in liaison with the finance and grants departments of the KWTRP and project partners
- Arrange and implement legal and contractual agreements as required to facilitate the workforce development programme
- Oversee controls and problem resolution in line with KWTRP’s policies and procedures
- Maintain a register of risks and implement strategies to mitigate risk
- Represent the workforce development programme to relevant internal committees, project partners, funding agencies and external organizations
- Preparation of reports, presentations and other project outputs and liaison with the funder(s) and other key stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Master’s in Business Administration/Strategic Management/Project Management/Statistics or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Minimum Ten (10) years overall experience, five (5) years of which were at managerial level with some experience of R&D in Africa
- Degree in scientific field – biological sciences/pharmacy/veterinary medicine is an added advantage
- Exceptional project management skills with evidence of managing multiple large projects simultaneously, proficiency in using project management tools / Prince 2 qualification in project management
- Significant skills in leadership, organization, prioritisation, problem-solving and decision making.
- Financially literate with sound knowledge of budgeting methodologies and resource management concepts including proven experience of preparing and monitoring budgets and financial reports
- Demonstrable experience in writing high quality reports and presentations in English, with evidence of being attentive to detail.
- Ability to network, communicate, be diplomatic and maintain strong local and international relationships within a multi-cultural environment and wide diversity of people, and have experience in resolving disputes.
- Proven programme leadership including planning, managing and delivering international programmes.
- Relevant experience in the design and implementation of learning and development programmes in Africa
- Experience in management of vaccine research and development Programmes
- Financial management skills with experience of managing significant programme budgets to demanding deadlines and to deliver to set timelines
- Confident communicator with track-record of prioritising and delivering on a varied and extensive workload to tight deadlines across multiple partners in a global network
- Experience of managing a team and managing good working relationships across a range of cultures at both an individual and institutional level.
- Competence in the design of learning and development programmes
- Strategic thinker with a well-organised and efficient approach to the application of project planning and controls including, staff development, project risk management and value for money
- Ability to build productive and collaborative relationships with varied stakeholders, and to work within a team in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated high levels of confidentiality and integrity
- Office based
- Willingness to work flexible hours and travel as required