Project Officer – CESP at World Vision Kenya,
Project Officer – CESP at World Vision Kenya
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Project Officer – CESP
Community Engagement Sponsorship Program implementation
- Facilitate development of CESP project annual operating plan (AOP)
- Roll out Child Protection Minimum Programming Standards in the AP using approved programming models.
- Ensure Child protection, participation and safeguarding is integrated in the monthly, semi-annual and annual reporting
- Ensure integration of RC in CPP&S projects/activities as beneficiaries
- Ensure Child protection, participation and safeguarding responsive programming with specific consideration of the objectives and indicators
- Ensure timely implementation of activities and budgets sustained at acceptable level
- Facilitate implementation of CPP&S program and projects.
- Support effective integration of Sponsorship operation interventions with other projects in the program.
- Coordinate integration of Faith and Development Models: CFC, EWV, DNHFLs, SNC, COH, SSF and the facilitation of spiritual nurture of children in the AP
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time.
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces which you may be appointed to
- Participate and lead devotions as appropriate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or related fields (Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Psychology, Community development, Education, Community Health, Development Studies or any other related degree from a recognized University).
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in community development work which include Child Sponsorship Operations
- Experience in Project Management including program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and reporting
- Knowledge of and experience working with the Government and community structures
- Excellent communication, Networking and advocacy skills
- Experience in managing sponsorship systems
- Above average knowledge and experience in videography and photography. Experience in working with and training local partners. Understanding of a systems approach to child protection programming Experience in implementing faith and development models and working with the church leaders Demonstrate skills for relating and working with children.
- Computer proficiency