Project Officer Jobs at World Concern,
Project Officer Jobs at World Concern
World Concern is a Christian global relief and development agency extending opportunity and hope to people facing extreme poverty. With your partnership, World Concern’s efforts reach deep into the most remote corners of the planet, where climate and geography, societal instability and scarce infrastructure create incredible challenges to the people living
Project Officer Jobs
- Guide and oversee the overall project implementation.
- Introduce World Concern to new villages, including outlining our mission, vision, values, goals and objectives as well as the integrated, asset-based nature of the program.
- Strengthen World Concern partnership with churches in Mukuru Kwa Njenga and lead in the training of the pastors
- Establish networks with government offices and other development partners on the ground as necessary for the effective operation of the project at field level.
- Represent World Concern in meetings with communities, churches, government and local leadership, exemplifying the values and beliefs of the organization.
- Documentation of good case studies to inform programming.
- Develop monthly and quarterly project work/activity plans in order to achieve objectives, maintain appropriate documentation.
- Project budget development and Management.
- Timely reporting for both Monthly and Quarterly project reports.
- In consultation with Programs Manager, develop project concepts and proposals.
- Ensure that all project data and reports are well documented and posted on Share point.
- Participate in the Monthly Program Review (MPR) meetings.
- Support facilitation of community dialogue meetings.
- Build and maintain World Concern relationships with the informal settlement community in Mukuru Kwa Njenga and other stakeholders.
- Actively promote WC approach to livelihoods’ business segment with emphasis on promoting group development through support, coaching, mentoring, feedback and identification of investment needs and opportunities.
- In consultation with the Programs Manager identify opportunities and innovative approaches to support livelihood business activities in the informal settlements.
- Support facilitation of community groups and business associations to identify needs and encourage involvement in livelihood business activities.
- Build capacity of existing businesses, establish business groups and the formation of community focused networks.
- Perform any other functions deemed necessary or as delegated by the supervisor in order to meet the level of services in the organization.
- Provide a positive witness of Jesus Christ through personal work integrity.
- Explore and establish partnerships with the local church.
- Integrate spiritual development opportunities, including outreach and discipleship opportunities
Qualification and Experience
- Mature Christian committed to serving Jesus Christ and with passion for evangelism. Past experience in missions will be a key asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Microfinance or Entrepreneurship, or relevant tertiary qualification in Cooperative or Development studies, and/or experience in related fields.
- At least 2 years of progressive programming experience including understanding.
- Ability to promote empowering and developmental models in community work through highly effective communication skills.
- Proven credibility, integrity and professionalism.
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to assist groups to formulate their ideas into constructive actions, ability to undertake community-based research, and to effectively complete projects.
- Exercises sound judgment and political sensitivity – especially in relation to the informal settlement community organization
Interested candidates should submit their applications and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5th February 2023.