Quality Control Supervisor at M-Kopa Solar,
Quality Control Supervisor at M-Kopa Solar
M-KOPA’s mission is to make high quality energy affordable to everyone. OUR GROWTH SO FAR… M-KOPA has connected more than 400,000 homes in Kenya,Tanzania and Uganda to solar power with over 550 new homes being added every day.
Quality Control Supervisor
The job holder ensures quality control on Incoming and In Process by following set inspection and acceptance standards, to ensure the quality of smartphones being assembled at the assembly plant.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Inspection plan： According to the daily production work order and the quality status of the previous, make the corresponding inspection plan; reasonably and effectively arrange the QC personnel to test the semi-finished products of the process section.
- Inspection process management： Supervise and monitor QC employees in accordance with the inspection specification and SOP for inspection.
- Abnormal feedback： Highlight any abnormality in the process/product then take immediate action or inform relevant personnel and QE for containment action.
- Product Quality Control： Ensure the product is manufactured on set standards and meets quality requirements.
- 5S： Maintain work discipline, and improve the QC efficiency of inspection, supervision, and maintenance of floor/line 5S.
- Test material management： Responsible for test materials, storage and inventory, and scrap materials testing or any material.
- Attendance Management： Manage attendance of QC workers to avoid any delays in production and supervise any abnormal absenteeism of production operators.
- Reporting： Supervise IQC/IPQC staff to record/IPQC quality reports strictly according to the actual situation.
- Ensure good performance by quality assurance operators by mentoring, training, setting expectations, providing accountability, and performing evaluations.
- Reports Circulation: Responsible for Circulation of quality reports/quality Dashboard, IQC & IPQC reports via email to all relevant departments.
- Temporary Task： Complete temporary tasks assigned by superiors.
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS & COMPETENCIES/ LICENCES & CERTIFICATIONS/ EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Education: Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Science in Electronics/Electrical Engineering/ any relevant engineering field.
- Experience: At least 1 year in quality control /audit of electronics/electrical engineering/fault analysis/repair operations ideally working on electronics.
- Hands-On experience working with quality inspection standards/conversant with audit processes.
- Have the ability to manage, analyze and understand.
- Have a basic knowledge of electronic products and mobile phone structure and quality tools.
- Have a high sense of responsibility and executive ability.
- Take ownership and must have decision make skills.
- Good attitude towards acquiring new knowledge.
- Able to work under pressure and tight datelines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of QMS and ISO 9001 is an added advantage.