Based at our Kenya office, we are currently looking for a:
The Quality controller shall report to the operations manager
- Making personal and collective contribution to achieve Zero Accidents at the workplace through compliance to the 10 Golden Rules to Zero Accidents
- Factory Hygiene: ensuring factory staff adhere to hygiene standards, and the facility is maintained at set Group Hygiene levels.
- Routine follow up on quality related Institutional, Statutory and Legal requirements with the relevant bodies (ISO, KEBS, NEMA, Count Government, Halaal)
- Implementation and follow up on quality management systems (ISO, GFSI)
- Inspection of all incoming Raw & Packaging materials to ensure compliance to set specifications and requirements.
- Conducting In Process Quality Control checks from Pre-Scaling, Production to Warehouse transfer.
- Monitoring CCPs and O-PRPs at the frequencies dictated by the HACCP plans.
- Quality Inspection of all Finished Goods and relevant approvals before transfer from post-Production to Warehouse Stock
- Analyzing supplier samples and providing timely reports and advice
- Conducting Supplier Audits to ensure compliance in the supply of quality raw materials and packaging materials.
- Follow up on customer complaints as per Company Policy and HACCP guidelines
- Overseeing the creation of Quality Assurance related management reports and accurate recordkeeping
- Enforcing the established Standard Operating Procedures for process control while continuously monitoring the entire process
- Control of product non-conformities are managed on all fronts, documenting and isolating to avoid accidental use.
- Monitoring and review shelf-life of all materials in accordance with the prescribed process.
- Actively taking part in the handover of new projects by of R & D Department to Production and the development of already-existing ones.
- Any other responsibilities as maybe assigned by relevant authorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, Analytical Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry or any other related field
- Working experience under ISO Certification; QMS/FSMS/FSSC
- At least 1 experience in FMCG environment; working experience in milling industry an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge in MS applications especially MS Excel
- Strong communication skills (be a good communicator, has a good didactive approach and a good speaker).
- Flexible personality and attitude: open-minded, honest, social, respect, team player.
Quality Controller at Puratos Kenya