Mass Media jobs, Radio Production jobs, Journalism jobs,
Radio Broadcast Assistant
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the station’s imaging
- Checking if the equipment is in good condition.
- Live assist for live shows
- Download and edit shows
- Editing TV Voiceovers and different programs
- Cutting adverts and mentions immediately after shows
- Responsible for monitoring the signal and ensuring we are on air at all times in all our frequencies.
- Responsible for all technical aspects of the department
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Must have strong organisational skills.
- Knowledge of the Radio market, different station and programme styles, and audience demographics.
- Good knowledge and good ear for sound, music genres, artists and updates.
- Knowledge and ability to work with different Radio Automation and editing software’s.
- A high level of IT skills – particularly good word-processing and data handling skills.
- Ability to learn how to use a variety of recording equipment, and to operate different radio studios.
- Ability to conduct effective internet research, use relevant computer software for audio recording, editing, and, packaging when necessary.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Creative thinking, idea generation and problem solving skills.
- Must have confidence and tenacity to pursue information and overcome obstacles.
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines.
- Determination, diplomacy and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Empathy and patience, the ability to build rapport and draw information from people.
- A basic understanding of the law, ethics and industry regulation as they affect Radio production.
- Self-motivation and adaptability.
- At least a Diploma in Mass Media, Radio Production, Journalism or a related field.
- At least two years’ experience in radio production.
- A good overall knowledge of the radio industry and the specifics.
- Ability to read and voice scripts will be an added advantage.
Qualified and interested candidates should email a cover letter and a copy of their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st October 2022 with the job title “Radio Broadcast Assistant” as the email subject. Kindly visit https://familymedia.tv/job-openings/ for more details.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.