Recruitment of Managing Director at Kenya Bureau of standards (KEBS),
Recruitment of Managing Director at Kenya Bureau of standards (KEBS)
RECRUITMENT OF MANAGING DIRECTOR
KEBS implements an Anti-bribery Management Policy accessible through KEBS Website www.kebs.org
The Kenya Bureau of standards (KEBS) is a State Corporation established by the Standards Act, Cap 496 Laws of Kenya in July 1974.
The mandate of KEBS is to provide Standardization, Metrology and Conformity Assessment services through Promotion of standardization in commerce and industry, Provision of testing and calibration facilities, Control of the use of standardization marks, Undertaking educational work in standardization, Facilitation of the implementation and practical application of standards, maintenance, and dissemination of the International System of Units (SI) of measurements.
The Managing Director reports to the National Standards Council (NSC), provides strategic leadership and implements the NSC’s decisions in accordance with the organization’s Strategic Plan.
The successful candidate will be a member and secretary to the NSC and will be responsible for driving the Organization’s vision, mission, and strategy in line with the Standards Act, Cap 496 Laws of Kenya. He/she will also implement the Council’s decisions to achieve the organization’s goals, objectives, and mission.
• Provide visionary leadership to KEBS and facilitate achievement of set goals and objectives through efficient management of staff and resources.
• Lead development and implementation of KEBS strategy, business plans and operating budgets in order to meet the country’s standardization, quality assurance, inspection, surveillance and testing needs.
• Oversee planning and execution of KEBS’ technical programs and projects and ensure regular monitoring and evaluation of these programs to deliver superior performance.
• Safeguard the organization’s assets including prudent management of organization’s financial resources.
• Establish and maintain strategic partnerships with relevant stakeholders at national and international levels to ensure the country remains competitive through standardization.
• Foster a culture of quality and performance that promotes high standards and ethical practices and good corporate citizenship as well as health and safety.
• Responsible for stakeholders’ management and enhancement of KEBS corporate image and ensure compliance with legal and statutory requirements for sustainable development.
• Implement transformation programmes across functions and organizational culture change.
• Implement business process re-engineering, digitization, and automation to make KEBS a world class organization
• Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in any of the following fields; Engineering, Science, Technology, Commerce, Social Sciences, Education, Law, or any other related field from recognized University
• A minimum of 15 years relevant work experience 10 (ten) of which must have been at Senior Management level.
• Certification in corporate governance from recognized institution.
• Membership to relevant professional body
HELB Certificate, Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA, Certificate of Good Conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigations, Clearance Certificate from approved Credit Reference Bureau will be required.
If you believe you are energetic, highly motivated and have passion for excellence in pursuit of business growth and success please submit your applications with copies of your testimonials, certificates, curriculum vitae with details of your current position, remuneration, email address, telephone contact information and three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
Vacancy details are to be found on KEBS website www.kebs.org under career page.
Applications shall be addressed to The Chairman, National Standards Council, P.O. Box 54974, 00200, Nairobi and submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or physical copies delivered to be received on or before 9th August 2023.
i. KEBS DOES NOT charge any fee in the recruitment process.
ii. Persons with disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
iii. Academic Qualifications of external origin MUST be accompanied with a recognition and equation certificate from the relevant body in Kenya.
iv. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
v. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Verify the authenticity of KEBS quality marks by use of the KEBS Official Mobile App or sending a text to 20023