Recruitment Openings at Jubilee Insurance
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa in 1937. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, general and Medical insurance.
Senior Officer – Risk
Job Ref. No. JLIL148
- The role holder will be responsible for integration and implementation of the risk strategy, policies, processes, and reports. The role holder will provide oversight and ensure execution of the risk management framework including the risk appetite statement, taxonomy, assessment, treatment, monitoring & reporting as well as communication and training to the business.
- Develop and maintain a risk management strategy for Jubilee Life Insurance Limited.
- Develop and implement systems, policies and procedures for the identification, collection and analysis of risk related information.
- Carry out comprehensive risk assessments across the business & functional areas in line with the risk management framework.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of controls established by management to ensure that identified risks are appropriately mitigated at both departmental and process levels.
- Maintain the risk registers and assist management in tracking progress on the implementation of risk mitigation action plans.
- Evaluate whether department strategies and initiatives are adhered to and are aligned with group goals and objectives.
- Coordinate the performance of strategic risk analysis by reviewing business processes in liaison with business owners to identify potential risks.
- Appraise the efficiency and effectiveness with which resources are deployed to ensure that they are put to the most productive use.
- Participate in the formulation and review of risk management and control activities for products to ensure they meet the set objectives and are worthwhile investments with a quantifiable return.
- Review new and on-going products to ensure that they are carried out only after a comprehensive risk assessment is done.
- Facilitate awareness and training programs on risk management, controls and compliance activities.Prepare reports for the Board Audit Committee.
- Visionary Leadership
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Market Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
- Bachelor of Commerce in Finance or any other related field.
- CPA – K Qualification
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ experience.
- Deep knowledge of the insurance industry will be an added advantage.
Job Ref. No. JLIL149
- The role holder will be responsible for identifying new product opportunities, product planning and execution. Gathering and prioritizing Life products and customer requirements, defining the product vision, integration of backend/frontend operations for all products before launch. The job holder will also be responsible for developing and implementing strategic plans for the Life company. The manager will work closely with all key stakeholders to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met as well as assessing the product performance and develop long term plans for future product lines that support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Identify and define the product opportunities, develop its strategy and product roadmap.
- Drive the execution of the product lifecycle processes for all Life products, including product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, requirements development and product launch.
- Prepare market requirement documents and product requirement documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
- Plan for the company’s product growth and address any related problems, risks and challenges.
- Analyze consumer needs, current market trends, and potential partnerships from an ROI and build vs. buy perspective.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product development.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
- Constantly assess and review product performance and align it with the overall company strategy.
- Excellent oral, written and online communication skills.
- Presentation skills
- Organized, numerate, analytical.
- Business planning and tracking.
- Time management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Commerce, Statistics, or any other related field.
- Masters will be an added advantage.
- Diploma in Insurance/LOMA Qualification
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in Product Development Management
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 18th July 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.