MSF is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need.
The objective of our project is to provide Access to health care for Adolescent and Youth Population (AYP), with specific focus on Young Key Populations (YKP) affected by social violence and health care exclusion.
The 3 selected candidates will be reporting to the project IEC/ HP Manager.
The Community mobilizers will provide information at the community level and will strengthen the link between the community and MSF.
- Collect and report (to IEC/HP Manager and DPC) specific information related to his/her community: perception of MSF,perceptionoftheservices, constraints andstrengths, vulnerability,levelofinformationonMSFandtheproject, and other contextual information linked to security.
- Deliverinformation to his/her community on MSF and the servicesit provides.
- Consolidate the link between his/her community and the MSF services; give advice how to better involve his/her communityintheactivitiesofawarenessandprevention;indicatepossiblelocalactorsorlocalNGOsandcommunity project which could be involved in activities at a local level.
- Support the mapping of the territory and population: schools, churches, villages, gathering points; grassroot actors and influencers,support and facilitate relationswith local authorities ofhis/her community,where requested by the DPC,support MSF in the verification ofrumours,reporttoDPC activities, problemsmet,strengths and constraints.
- Help ensure a good level of contact at grassroot level in the community to support engagement with communities.
- Receive community feedback and share with the Ops team and convey response to communities during outreach activities and other contact with communities.
- Support preparation of and take part in review meetings with the staff and VPE’s to share what is happening in the community, complaints and feedback received and any response done by MSF.
- Support the project to update information shared with communities regularly, based on the beliefs, fears, rumour, questions, and suggestions in communities.
- Literacy Desirable forsharing text information.
- None is required
- Has to be someone very active and well accepted in the community,
- Very good network in the community.
- Must be from the specific area (Kisauni SC, Mvita SC or Nyali SC)
- Local language
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Stress Management
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application before the 29th July 2023.
We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your personal data will be treated confidentially. MSF will not use your personal data in any other way other than for purposes of recruitment.