Accounting jobs, Finance jobs,Managerial jobs,Action Against Hunger International jobs,
Regional Finance Specialist
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Provide Finance Support to Action Against Hunger’s country offices.
- Manage the annual budget for the country offices.
- Provide technical supervision to the Heads of Finance at country level.
- Ensure proper financial information management as well as manage internal/external representation to stakeholders.
- Support Human Resource with staff recruitment and development.
- You have a Degree and/or Master’s Degree in accounting, finance, or another relevant field.
- You have 5 years’ finance and management experience including 3 years’ experience managing grants (USAID/EU funded projects preferred).
- You have 2 years of working internationally, together with field experience working for an international NGO as an administrator or finance manager.
- You have extensive experience and skills in budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting preparation and presentation, and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
- You are knowledgeable of the rules, regulations, and donor policies governing the compliance / regulatory management of grants from US Government, EU, ECHO, UN and other agencies.
- You have expertise in MS Office (especially MS Excel) and general ledger software. Use of Saga and/or Serenic Navigator are desirable.
- You have a genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger.
- You have substantial experience and understanding of essential accounting principles, financial reporting, accounting systems, and budget development and administration is required.
- You are able manage diverse international teams;
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You are able to work autonomously, with the capacity to juggle multiple projects and pay attention to many small details.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be authorized to work in Kenya.
- Membership in a professional body related to finance, accounting and compliance is an added advantage.