NGO jobs, Program Management jobs, LM International jobs,
Regional Programme Manager
LM International is a non-profit faith-based global Swedish foundation working for sustainable poverty alleviation from a human rights perspective. We are committed to drive transformative and innovative change in the thematic areas of economic empowerment and accountability, health, education, and WASH. LM International operates in about 25 countries and 4 regions (Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Middle East) with a focus on fragile states and triple nexus contexts. Since 1958, the foundation has built up enduring local, national, regional, and global partnerships around the world. Our vision is “Dignified Life – Sustainable World” and our mission is to “to save lives and empower people”. International Aid Services (IAS) merged with LM International on 1 January 2019.
LM International is looking for a passionate individual for our regional programmes in Sahel, West Africa and Chad who has the competencies and excitement to work as the Regional Programme Manager, taking the lead in enhancing quality implementation and programme development to achieve breakthrough solutions within Integrated Water Resource Management, resilience, climate change and triple nexus bringing immediate and lasting change in the lives of the women, men, and children we serve. The Sahel and West Africa and Chad (WAC) regions support the work through Country Offices and partner organisations in Ethiopia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Chad and Niger.
Special attention to this position:
• This position is contingent on the candidate’s ability to secure permission to work in Kenya.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Manage program development and operations as well as grant acquisition;
- Oversee the MEAL System to maintain an overview of the progress of all projects in the region and take lead on single (project evaluation) and double loop (strategic evaluation) learning;
- Networking with key stakeholders such as funding partners, government, academia, INGOs and NNGOS, support the establishment of consortia for joint donor applications, and ensure implementing partners are assessed and capacity development plans are in place.
- Ensure the Country Programmes comply with internal and external quality standards, procedures, guidelines, regulations, and reporting deadlines;
- Identify funding opportunities, and take lead on developing grant proposals in cooperation with the country teams and the Global Office;
- Take the lead on the adaptation of climate change resilience and youth-centered approach in the country programmes;
- Excited to work with a faith-based organization with Christian values.
- Highly Prefer: Master’s Degree and at least 4 years experience at the level of a program the manager responsible for a multi-sector integrated relief and development program is desired;
- Minimum qualification: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field with six years
- Program Manager or related senior-level field management experience in a multi-sector, multi-funded relief, and development programs; including experience with a Contractor or international NGO;
- Familiarity and experience working with SIDA, DANIDA, EU, ECHO, UNICEF, UNHCR, pool funding, and the USAID;
- Previous experience living and working in conflict/transition and/or humanitarian crisis environments,
- preferably an African country, and proven experience in supervising complex, high-speed, and challenging operations in developing countries; start-ups and expansions, manages growth under limited time constraints while adhering to the Project Cycle Management;
- Strong skills in managing a diverse team, including hiring, supervising, and training national personnel;
- Extensive experience with program development, implementation, and comprehensive monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning;
- Financial management experience, including budgeting, reporting, and procurement;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French is mandatory; knowledge of Arabic is desirable but not required;
- Extensive experience in writing and reviewing grant proposals and reports is highly required;
- High proficiency in computer programs such as Office365 including Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, and mobile apps.
- Starting date: As soon as possible.
- Based in Nairobi with up to 40% time spent on traveling.
- Duration of commitment: Minimum 2 years with a 3 months probation period and the possibility of extension.
Submission of Application:
- All applications should be submitted electronically to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about the position kindly email Regional Director Anders Jacobsen at email@example.com for Sahel Region and Christophe Sacko at firstname.lastname@example.org for WAC Region.
- Please use reference code ‘Regional Programme Manager Sahel and WAC’ in the email subject line.
- Please provide the following when applying for this post: 1) Cover letter explaining your motivation for seeking this position and your experience from similar organizations; 2) Curriculum Vitae (CV) that contains details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, contact details and names of three references.
- Closing date: 3rd February 2023.
- LM International does not refund any expenses in connection with interviews
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- To learn more about LM International kindly go to www.lminternational.org
Welcome to a key role in an organization where everyone, regardless of function, contributes to LM
International’s Vision: Dignified life – Sustainable world.