Relationship Officers Bank Assurance at Family Bank Ltd,
Relationship Officers Bank Assurance at Family Bank Ltd
Family Bank (formely Family Finance Building Society) was registered as a Building Society in October 1984 in Kenya, under the Building Societies Act and commenced operations in the early 1985. Family Bank converted into a fully fledged bank in May 2007 and the main driver for our conversion was the need to offer a wider range of products and services
Relationship Officers Bank Assurance
Responsible for acquisition of insurance business within the assigned region/branch with the objective of growing the overall bank`s profitability through Non funded income generated from Insurance sales commission.
- Drive growth in Banc assurance business across and outside Family bank distribution Channels-through new business acquisition
- Execution of day to day Insurance operations at branch level which entails new business development and cross-selling of insurance products, claims administration and documentation
- Follow-up on customer insurance policy renewals to ensure desired business retention rations are achieved through timely contact and engagements with respective renewal customer
- Develop good working relationships with various bank departments, working closely with branches business teams, relationship managers & Credit officers to generate insurance business and leads through their customers.
- Ensure customer inquiries are resolved promptly as per laid down policies and procedures.
- Champion Insurance products and all relevant business processes training at the branch level to sensitize branch staff on Banc assurance business.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and internal procedures in relation to Banc assurance business.
- Ensure compliance with the Data Protection laws, policies and procedures of the Bank.
- Compliance with AML/CFT laws and ensuring KYC is done for all clients.
- Ensure all collaterals and assets that have the Bank`s interest is properly and comprehensively insured and the bank’s interest properly noted.
- Ensuring that debt level is managed proactively and maintained minimally, and in line with laid down
- Credit policies and underwriting guidelines.
- Please note that your job description may be subject to change from time to time in line with the Bank’s strategic direction
- Any other official duty that may be allocated by the line manager from time to time.
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- A holder of university degree from a recognized university in Insurance, Business, Finance or other related field.
- Certificate of Proficiency(COP)
- Professional qualification in any Insurance related field will also be an added advantage.
- At least two years active working experience in direct sales in a Bank assurance environment or Insurance industry.
- Exposure to Banc assurance processes and procedures will be an added advantage.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish new client relationships and generate new and Cross sell business.
- Full understanding of all products, sound knowledge of the bank processes and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of Insurance products, underwriting processes and emerging market/industry trends
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external partners.
- Team working skills with ability to deliver and exceed targets
- Excellent business development and Client Relationship Management skills.
- Exposure to Insurance products in the bank set-up with knowledge of the Bank’s set standards, policies and operating manual, with sound knowledge of bank products.
- Practical understanding of the relevant regulatory environment
- Honest and with high integrity.
ALL applicants MUST apply online to the email; email@example.com; closing date is 21st January 2023. Canvassing will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.