Safety & Security Coordinator Jobs at Kenya Red Cross Society, Jobs in Kenya, Latest Jobs in Kenya, Jobs Advertised Today, Government Jobs, NGO Jobs, UN Jobs, Online Jobs, Freelance Jobs, Part Time Jobs, Full Time Jobs
Safety & Security Coordinator Jobs at Kenya Red Cross Society
- Company: Kenya Red Cross Society
- Location: Kenya
- State: Dadaab
- Job type: Contract
- Job category: Kenya Red Cross Society Jobs in Kenya, Safety/Environmental Jobs in Kenya, Security Jobs in Kenya
Kenya Red Cross is one of the many International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement societies around the world. The Kenya organisation was established in 1965, The Kenya Red Cross supports and runs a number of projects whilst raising awareness to the Kenyan public about the current issues or problems which may affect them.
Reporting to the Head of Operations. The Safety and Security Coordinator will be involved in the smooth running of the Safety and Security Unit within the Dadaab Refugee Operations. In addition s/he will be responsible for ensuring conducting continuous security risk assessments and mitigating the security risks from time to time.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct continuous security risk analysis and implement mitigation measures for the identified risks.
- Conduct security briefings to staff, volunteers, visiting staff, Partners of National Society an as directed by the Head of Operation.
- Update the program security plan and disseminate to all the staff, volunteers and incentives
- Create, develop and implement refugee program fire safety rescue, security plans for all high risk work areas within Dadaab Refugee Operations (DRO).
- Develop and document emergency response procedures, in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate disaster response and crises management activities, and ensure that fire control methods are promptly implemented.
- Develop and conduct training programs for the security teams, emergency response teams, ensuring that their continuous training needs are met.
- Ascertain that all fire and rescue equipment is maintained properly, and is operational at all times.
- Lead and monitor the daily operations of security, emergency response functions, such as deployment of security guards, access control procedures are implemented in all the KRCS premises within DRO, fire safety drills and exercises are done periodically.
- Interpret and enforce provisions of fire prevention and fire safety laws and Security reglation and perform periodic inspections of new and existing buildings and structures.
- Identify fire hazards, recommend corrective actions, and perform follow-up inspections to ensure that corrective measures are taken.
- Check installed fire protection systems, and check them for compliance with applicable fire prevention and safety ordinance requirements.
- Develop security contingency plans for Dadaab Refugee Operations and disseminate to the staff, volunteers and incentives.
- Degree in security management or Safety management or any other related education
- At least four years’ experience in field safety and security operations
- At least two years’ experience on humanitarian security.
Knowledge and skills in:
- Proven knowledge in occupational Health Safety environment.
- Investigations training
- Computer literacy
- Basic First aid and fire safety training.
How to apply
Closing Date : 30 June. 2022