Job Title: Sales Engineer
About This Job: Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, a leading supplier of technologies we are looking for an energy-efficiency minded Sales Engineer to develop and manage sales.
The preferred candidate will have a proven track record of supporting customer accounts at the corporate level as a true partner to customers.
- Develop the business in the District Cooling area, primarily focus on Sub-Saharan Africa, East, and West Africa, secondarily and in Africa in general.
- In this respect you would develop the potential opportunity pipeline, which includes mapping of existing systems and potential short to mid-term opportunities.
- You would be also responsible for building relationships with Key Accounts in the Sub-Saharan Africa region. Thus, you would be expected to work tightly with front-line sales and support functions in sales, as well as with regional management.
- You would implement general District Energy strategy, specifically the part connected with District Cooling. This involves conveying the value proposition to the markets, and adjusting and tailor fitting, as well as providing feedback from value preposition to product management.
- The primary product groups you will develop and assess sales opportunities for our clients are control components (motorized control valves, self-acting pressure independent controls, actuators, sensors, and line components e.g., ball valves) and optimization and monitoring SW, and where possible also identify opportunities for secondary side of district cooling. Secondary product group will be energy transfer stations.
- Sales growth for the HVACR product portfolio within the assigned region of account manager territories.
- You will be expected to be updated on product improvements modifications and new product opportunities in the defined markets.
- Provide input for the demand plan and rolling forecast.
- Lead customer visits and maintain/cultivate senior level customer relationships.
- Identify, appoint and develop suitable sales partners to achieve strategic objectives
- Channel and performance management of appointed sales partners
Education, Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Mechanical engineering. Electrical engineering (~N4/T1) qualified candidates may also apply
- Master’s degree in business/sales combined with solid business development and/or sales experience along with great communication and collaboration skills is required
- Ideally the successful candidate will have proven experience in the refrigeration business with technical knowledge of how systems work
- Food Retail experience an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years relevant sales experience of technical products related to Refrigeration, is desired.
- Understanding of HVAC systems with emphasis on District energy
- Understanding of mechanical, electronic, and SW products used in HVAC systems
- Knowledge about products used in District Cooling is an advantage
- Fluency in English, any language spoken in Africa region would be an added advantage
- Strategic, neutral and unbiased analysis of short and medium-term market and industry trends
- Supporting Regional Management Team on selected must-win*battles
- Overseeing Public Affairs initiatives focusing on ESG Goals
- Connecting our client’s brand with Government, Trade Councils, World Economic Forum, NGO’s etc.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through this LINK.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION