Job Title: Sales Engineer
Reports To: Head of Sales Engineering / Senior Director, Customer Solutions Architecture & Sales Engineering
Department: Customer Solutions Design – Sales Engineering
Location: East Africa, Kenya
Purpose: The Sales Engineer works within the Customer Solutions Design Team. There are 3 core roles in the team:
- Solutions Architect – the SA is responsible to collaborate with PLM and customers and using our Growth Plan as a guideline, craft packaged solutions for the Sales and SE team to position.
- Sales Engineer – the SE is customer-facing, has strong customer relationships, understands their priorities, and utilizing their knowledge of the customer’s network positions these solutions using our TCO and value-based selling strategies.
- Network Engineer – the NE is an EMEA-wide centralized resource not customer-specific and is the product specialist responsible for the detailed solution design, RF planning and bill of quantities.
The Sales Engineer is a technical expert responsible for driving and managing the technology evaluation and definition stage of the sales process.
This includes all technical interaction with Aviat Networks customers for the purposes of understanding their network, consulting to, and having workshops to find the optimal solution for their needs based on their short-term network architectural and budgetary goals, and longer-term technology strategy.
The Sales Engineer will also work closely with the Sales team to technically advise on the sales of Aviat Networks products and solutions i.e., technical, and functional aspects of Aviat Networks products, solutions, or services.
- Consult on and develop end-to-end network requirement definitions, relating to the broader networking ecosystem based on best practice end-to-end solutions and in line with Aviat Networks Growth Plans
- Develop optimal solutions by understanding the customer’s needs and fulfilling this with current and future Aviat Networks products.
- Understand, build and communicate TCO models, utilize value-based selling techniques to position differentiators
- Develop and maintain good customer relationship for the future growth of Aviat Networks by regular personal visits, phone calls, follow-ups and emails.
- Prepare presentations, proposals, and various technical sales tools on effective development of business opportunities for Aviat Networks
- Present, workshop and defend solution designs with Aviat Networks customers.
- Engage in regular interaction with the customers (internal and external) throughout project lifecycle.
- Provide support to marketing team, in the area of developing strategies for Aviat Networks product promotions
- Provide feedback into PLM and Engineering on potential product issues and enhancements based on customer and regional needs.
- Ensure process compliance according to Aviat Networks Process Map.
- Manage projects, perform internal handovers ensuring a smooth and successful transition of projects from Pre-Sales Engineering to Post-Sales implementation process.
- Regularly provide updates on the market competition analysis and knowledge to the Pre-Sales department
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Sales management and regional sales team
- Sales Engineers in EMEA
- Network Engineers in EMEA
- Global Marketing
- Product Management in US, Slovenia, and New Zealand
- Customer: CTO, Transmission planning managers, Transmission team, IP & DCN network planning managers and teams
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Communications, Engineering, or IT Degree specializing in IP or Transmission (or Equivalent Technical Qualification).
- IP/Network Certification with a minimum of CCNP/JNCIP or equivalent
- Specialist knowledge in one or more of Aviat’s core product/solution portfolios including 3rd party partner products.
- Specific knowledge and experience relating to microwave transmission design and associated software tools.
- 5+ years’ experience as a transmission network and systems engineer.
- 5+ years’ experience with Ethernet/IP transmission system design and optimization.
- Experience in a Pre-Sales environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of fixed and mobile network architectures and associated ecosystems.
- Proven experience in Customer Product/Technology Presentations and workshops.
- Broad-based end-to-end system and solution design experience.
- Solution selling experience.
- RFQs preparation and response.
- Knowledge of ITU/IEEE/MEF Recommendations rules & regulations.
- Minimum fluent in English (Speak, Read & Write)
- French, Arabic, or appropriate local language, French essential for West & Central Africa
- Experience in an operational transmission and networking environment, including network elements and associated NMS operation/administration.
- Customer Business Case Development.
- Telecoms networking systems, technologies, and relevant tools
- Customer business, needs and challenges understanding – solutions focused
- Business, Technical and Strategic Consulting
- Display initiative with ability to think on your feet
- Commercial acumen and Market insight
- Excellent interpersonal skills; self-confident, professional, motivated
- Excellent communication skills – communicates openly with all, regardless of hierarchical, organizational, or geographic borders
- Ability to work in a team/virtual team environment
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical and Innovative
- Actively strives for continuous improvement, learning from success and failure.
- Inspires and energizes team members, partners, and customers
How to Apply
Send your updated CV to email@example.com on or before 24th October 2022.
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line: SALES ENGINEER
(Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted)