Security Supervisor at Kempinski Hotels,
Security Supervisor at Kempinski Hotels
Jobs in Hospitality, Jobs at Kempinski Hotels
Kempinski Hotels S.A. is Europe’s oldest luxury hotel group. The group now has its head office in Geneva but was founded in Berlin in 1897 as the ‘Hotelbetriebs-Aktiengesellschaft’.
- The incumbent in this position is responsible for assisting the Security Manager for implementing, overseeing and monitoring all security matters and the enforcement of security policies and regulation for the protection of guests, employees, properties and classified information and from injury, damage, loss and theft.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure protection is provided for all staff, guests, assets and information.
- Ensure security staff is supervised and ensures they discharge their duties effectively.
- Ensure 24 hour security coverage is provided throughout the Hotel.
- Have knowledge of all local laws is understood and ensure they are adhered to.
- Plays an active role as a member of the Hotel’s Emergency Response Team.
- Ensure effective access control, key control and material control systems have been put in place as measures of preventative security.
- Ensure investigations are conducted and concluded in case of theft, loss, acts of vandalism, arson, accident or any other incident of a security nature.
- Ensure all surveillance equipment is operated and maintained according to standards.
- Ensure proper key control is followed at all times and entries are made each time a key is withdrawn or deposited.
- Ensure regular security rounds are performed daily within the 24 hour period.
- Ensure security Log is updated on a daily basis and forwarded to Assistant Security Manager for review.
- Ensure supervision and assessment of contracted security company is completed daily.
- Have a full working knowledge and capability to supervise, train, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks in the assigned place of work according to the standards operating procedures.
- To assign responsibilities to staff members, implementing multi-tasking and periodic performance checks.
- To assist in the planning the weekly working schedules to ensure that the outlets/sections are adequately staffed to handle the levels of business.
- Assist in the conducting of annual performance evaluations.
- To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badge at all times.
- Assist in the training of the employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum levels of productivity and efficiency.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Hotel’s Employee rules & regulations.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Certificate/ Diploma in Security Management or a related field.
- 5 years’ experience in a 5 star/ Luxury property with at least two years in a similar capacity preferable.
- Concern for quality and attention to details.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and can multitask.
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure.
- Flexible in terms of scheduling.
- To be able to stand and walk all day.
- Must be physically fit.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have sound judgement capability.