Vacant Position: Pastry Chef
Location: Laikipia County
Reporting to: Head Chef
Segera – at the heart of Laikipia Plateau – is a wildlife sanctuary where your inspirational journey provides a positive impact on the land and its people.
Nestled between Mount Kenya to the east and the Great Rift Valley to the west, Segera Retreat makes its home on 20,000 hectares (50,000 acres) of preserved land where our sustainable lifestyle is focused around conservation, community, culture, and commerce (4Cs).
Segera is a Long Run Destination. Long Run Destinations are carefully selected by the Zeitz Foundation for their commitment to enacting the 4Cs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operating and managing the pastry section of the kitchen and liaising with the head chef and other chefs within the department to ensure a successful working environment
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies bread as per the Segera standards.
- Create pastries, baked goods and confections by following a set recipe.
- Decorate pastries and desserts to ensure beautiful and tasteful presentation.
- Create new and exciting dessert to renew our menus and engage the interest of the guest.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc and make orders within budget
- Check quality of materials and condition of equipments and devices used for cooking
- Guide and motivate pastry assistant and bakers to make work more efficient.
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
- Maintain cleanliness and hygiene in kitchen.
The ideal candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:-
1. Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-maki ng, baking, or relevant field
2. Proven experience as a Pastry chef
3. Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods
4. Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
5. Ability to communicate well.
6. High degree of honesty, integrity and reliability.
7. Able to take instructions.
8. Must have a clean personnel record with good moral character.
9. Willingness to work long hours.
10. Ability to work well under pressure.
How to Apply
Those who meet the above qualifications should submit their applications through firstname.lastname@example.org to reach the Human Resource Manager on or before Friday 31st October 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Segera is a founder member of the Long Run Destinations. For more information on the global network of Long Run Destinations and Segera Ltd visit www.thelongrun.com and www.segera.com