Vacant Post: Security Supervisor
Location: Segera, Laikipia County
Reporting to: Security Manager
Segera – at the heart of Laikipia Plateau – is a wildlife sanctuary where your inspirational journey provides a positive impact on the land and its people.
Nestled between Mount Kenya to the east and the Great Rift Valley to the west, Segera Retreat makes its home on 20,000 hectares (50,000 acres) of preserved land where our sustainable lifestyle is focused around conservation, community, culture, and commerce (4Cs).
Segera is a Long Run Destination. Long Run Destinations are carefully selected by the Zeitz Foundation for their commitment to enacting the 4Cs.
Vision and Mission of Segera
Mission – The mission of Segera is to achieve a healthy, holistic balance of conservation, community, culture and commerce, leading to the creation of a sustainable, certified Global Ecosphere Retreat Long Run Destination that contributes to the vision off an ecosphere in the healthiest possible state.
Vision – To create and support sustainable, ecologically and socially responsible projects and destinations around the world to achieve long lasting impact and sustainability through the holistic balance of conservation, community, culture and commerce in privately managed areas.
Objective: To patrol and protect life and company properties, promote and enforce safety and security and act as a visible deterrent against irregular activity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Protect company’s property and staff by maintaining a safe and secure environment
- Patrolling within the company premises to ensure the place is safe
- Manning sensitive areas assigned by the management
- Keeping security information confidential and share with the management when needed.
- Attending emergencies within and outside the company premises when called upon to do so.
- Supervising the rangers on day shift.
- Advising management on critical security matters
- Monitor and control entrance and departure of employees and guests according to prescribed protocol
- Detect and confront unauthorized persons and violators of security procedures
- Prepare written reports of daily activities, observations and incidents
- Implement the prescribed emergency plan in case of emergency
- Observe signs of crime or disorder and investigate disturbances
- Act lawfully in direct defense of life or property
- Monitor and prevent movement of prohibited items into and out of property
- Conduct exterior property checks for maintenance issues, malfunctions or hazards
- Contact relevant authorities to deal with unlawful or irregular activities when requested by the
management to do so.
- Use radio or other communication devices in a clear and concise manner
- Some places are only accessible to authorized individuals; you should be aware of this and
keep an eye out for anyone who may attempt to enter the area unauthorized.
- Escorting and providing security to guests when called upon to do so.
- Apprehend criminals and evict violators
- Report in detail any suspicious incidents
- Enforce relevant laws and regulations pertaining to all individuals on the property
- Report rule infractions and violations to the management
- Identify and investigate suspicious behavior, threats and irregular activity
- Understand, be familiar with and obey all operational rules.
Education and Experience
- At least 3 months training on Security related course from a recognized institution.
- 5+ years experience in similar role
- Current and valid driving license plus a safe driving record
- Working knowledge of security operations and safety practices
- Working knowledge of enforcement policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of safety equipment
- Valid certificate of Good Conduct
Key Skill Requirements
- Detail-orientated and keen observation skills
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- Integrity and moral fitness
- Reliability and dependability
- Able to react appropriately in emergency and high stress situations
- Able to anticipate, identify and solve problems
- Judgment and decision making skills
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude
- Flexible to work different schedules
- Meet physical requirements
How to Apply
Those who meet the above qualifications should submit their applications through firstname.lastname@example.org to reach the Human Resource Manager on or before 31st October 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Segera is a founder member of the Long Run Destinations. For more information on the global network of Long Run Destinations and the Zeitz Foundation see www.thelongrun.com and www.zeitzfoundation.org.