Senior Accountant at City Eye Hospital,
Senior Accountant at City Eye Hospital
City Eye Hospital is a social venture that provides quality and affordable eye care to people living in East Africa. Our primary mandate is to provide affordable and accessible eye care. Accessible on both fronts of location and price.
Our Ref: CEH/HR/REC/003/2023
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the incumbent will be tasked with the following;
- Ensure that all finance postings, approvals and reports are accurate and timely.
- Supervising the day-to-day activities and overall performance of the direct reports in order to create and sustain a performance culture that consistently exceeds the expectations of all stakeholders (customers, employees, shareholders).
- Manage all day-to-day accounting operations by ensuring that correct transactions are posted in the system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that the company financial and accounting policies are implemented correctly.
- Ensure the integrity of the financial data in the accounting software.
- Implement a strict internal control framework, with adequate checks and balances, to mitigate against the risk of fraud or error.
- Be an integral part of the monthly stock takes and investigate all variances which arise and explain these to management
- Be in charge of the company assets management
- Ensure all documents are filed in an organized manner and easy to retrieve.
- Manage the annual external audit and present the draft audited accounts to the Finance Manager for review
- Lead the annual budget setting process with all departments ensuring they have sufficient training in how to complete templates, and then collate all the information into one company-wide budget for presentation to the Finance Manager- Participate in the budget preparation process
- Frequent review of price list to ensure the prices are competitive
- Provide weekly short-term and long-term cash flow forecasts for Finance Manager to review and sign off on.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly financial reports on company performance
- Verify and upload Statutory returns
- Verify and post JVs from direct reports
- Any other responsibility and duties that may be given by the Finance Manager
- Take part in company projects and carry out any other tasks that may be assigned to you by your Line Manager and/ or any other person placed in authority over you.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance/Accounting Option)
- CPA (K)
- Registered by ICPAK
- Three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in team leadership
- Experience in working with ERP systems.
Key Skills and Competencies Required
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional Communication and Customer Care skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proactive and assertive with strong relational and networking skills.
- Strong time management skills and self-motivation skills
- Computer literacy skills
This should reach us on or before 31st January 2023.
Interested and qualified candidates to make their applications through email@example.com with the subject being “Senior Accountant” – CEH/HR/REC/003/2023’’ “Accountant- Locum” – CEH/HR/REC/002/2023.