Senior Accountant – Business Performance at Wasoko,
Senior Accountant – Business Performance at Wasoko
Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Senior Accountant- Business Performance
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce financial statements including P&L accounts, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries
- Analyze performance of the company against annual budgets across countries and departments and reporting to assist management in operational decision making
- Perform and review ledger & subledger reconciliations for all balance sheet items.
- Perform and review inventory and tax reconciliations.
- Perform financial record audits to ensure compliance with IFRS and with the law.
- Assist in instituting financial controls (including end of day, end of month procedures) that are aimed to ensure integrity of financial data. capture and aid in the process for regular reconciliations.
- Analyze financial data and trace discrepancies.
- Provide finance operational support to other stakeholders within and outside the organization
- Collaborate with operational teams to track performance against budget and guide on focus areas, advice corrective actions
The successful candidate will possess:
- 5+ years of management reporting or accounting experience, preferably in retail, at a company with over $100,000 USD in annual turnover, or at a leading regional or international consulting or accounting firm
- Prior work experience across East African markets preferred
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration; preference MBA, ACCA or CPA
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- High degree of proficiency with accounting and administration software, preferably SAP
- A collaborative team player with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, start-up environment
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) and the ability to communicate with sophistication within a business setting
- Data-driven mindset
- Experience working with a high growth startup preferred