Senior Accountant – Financial Reporting at Jubilee Insurance
Jobs in Insurance, Jobs at Jubilee Insurance
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa in 1937. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, general and Medical insurance.
Senior Accountant – Financial Reporting
Job Ref. No: JLIL154
- The role holder plays a crucial role in ensuring the accuracy, integrity, and compliance of financial information and reporting within the organization. This role holder is responsible for the preparation and analysis of financial statements, regulatory filings, and other financial reports. The role holder will also be responsible for research, analysis and provision of relevant information and recommendations on key financial drivers.
- Prepare timely and accurate financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements, in accordance with relevant accounting principles (IFRS).
- Analyze and interpret financial data to identify trends, significant variances, and potential areas for improvement.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory reporting requirements and assist in the preparation of statutory filings and disclosures.
- Oversee the general ledger activities and maintain chart of accounts, ensuring accurate and consistent recording of financial transactions.
- Review and reconcile complex accounts, ensuring accuracy and resolving discrepancies.
- Participate in the month-end and year-end closing processes, ensuring adherence to tight deadlines and accuracy in financial reporting.
- Collaborate with internal teams to gather and validate financial data and entries for month-end close.
- Monitor and maintain internal control procedures to safeguard company assets and ensure compliance with accounting standards and policies.
- Participate in audits and assist in the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Conduct financial analysis to support budgeting, forecasting, and strategic decision-making.
- Prepare financial reports and presentations for senior management and other stakeholders. Classified as Confidential Recipient Only
- Continuously identify opportunities for process improvement in financial reporting, streamlining workflows, and enhancing efficiency.
- Liaise with the underwriting team to ensure accurate reinsurance bookings within the ledger and follow up on recoveries and settlement of ceded premium.
- Liaise with external auditors, regulators, and tax authorities to provide necessary financial information and address inquiries.
- Oversee the calculation and reporting of policy reserves, ensuring compliance with actuarial guidelines and accounting standards.
- Collaborate with the tax department to ensure accurate and timely tax reporting for life insurance products.
- Preparation of Quarterly Group reports.
- Preparation, under team lead guidance, quality and timely board papers
- Good knowledge and understanding of the life insurance industry is essential.
- Good understanding of life insurance products, actuarial principles, underwriting processes, risk management, and regulatory compliance specific to life insurance.
- Technical knowledge in long term insurance reporting
- Good interpersonal, negotiation and conflict management skills
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Good risk management and assessment skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance
- CPA/ACCA Qualification
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience long-term accounting experience in an insurance company with experience in reporting, analysis and presentation.
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 6th August 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.