Senior Credit Officer at Jiji Kenya,
Senior Credit Officer at Jiji Kenya
Jiji.co.ke is the No1 online marketplace in Kenya! We have engaged thousands of the brightest minds around the world, all focused towards one goal bringing sellers and buyers together to interact and trade from the comfort of their digital devices.
Senior Credit Officer
We are looking for a Senior Credit Officer who will assess the creditworthiness of credit applications.
The following are duties you will be responsible for:
- Evaluating credit risk – borrower’s past financial and credit history to determine their financial health
- Conferring with credit associations and references to exchange credit information on clients
- Using credit-scoring systems, recommend the credit limit for a new customer and review credit limits of existing customers
- Develop and prepare spreadsheets and models to support analysis of new and existing credit applications
- Keep company credit exposures within set risk bearing limits
- Undertake risk analysis by developing statistical models
- Keeping knowledge of key issues up-to-date (for example legal, market risk and compliance issues)
- Making recommendations about procedural/policy changes
- Preparing reports about the degree of risk in lending money to clients
- Qualifications in business studies, management, statistics, finance, mathematics, accounting or economics
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and general computer use
- Industry knowledge and experience
- Well vast with various finance softwares
- Excellent data collection and analysis skills
- Ability to effectively manage competing deadlines for projects in a high-pressure work environment, with varying degrees of supervision
- Strong attention to detail and ability to notice discrepancies in data
- Impeccable understanding of financial statements, ratios, and concepts
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of your email.