Senior Income Auditor at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts,
Senior Income Auditor at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
The Fairmont Norfolk is a historic hotel in Nairobi, Kenya and is owned by the luxury hotel chain, Fairmont Hotels and Resorts. The hotel has 170 rooms, 4 restaurants, and consists of 5 main blocks, each ranging from 1 to 2 stories high. The hotel has a signature Tudor style of architecture that has been maintained since its original construction.
Senior Income Auditor
- Audit all revenue transactions for consistency, and methods used to meet hotel’s standards and local policies and procedures. Examine all the transactions for accuracy.
- Audit all outlet reports and tally them with Opera for accuracy. Check that discounts are allowanced (S&P).
- Balance and audit all Front Office postings and settlements.
- Control and reconcile the daily sales in the outlets.
- Preparation of Daily revenue flash report after verifying all departments reconcile with the day close and all amounts shown as per department reflect the true picture of transactions. To ensure the daily flash report is out for distribution
- Audit F&B and all other hotel revenue generated and ensure the accuracy. Audit the credit card transactions for accuracy. Ensure the POS details summary reports agree with Opera.
- Prepare “daily operational package” that is routed to GM, Controller, F&B Director, & Revenue Director.
- Prepare the Month End Tips Reports for all outlets.
- Prepare any report or work requested by Director of Finance.
- Check the accuracy of all revenue figures; identify and obtain explanations from respective personnel for reason for variances.
- Ensures that the trial balance should tie out with that Opera
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent from an accredited and renowned University.
- Professional Finance or Accounting Certification (i.e. CPA).
- 2 years or more experience in Finance, preferably within the Luxury hospitality industry in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of finance processes and policies, cost control and fund management optimization.
- Good understanding of core hotelier operations and the luxury hospitality industry.
- Strong budgeting, financial planning and financial modelling skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
What’s in it for you:
- Private medical insurance as per Hotel offering
- Be part of creating the historic story of rehabilitating and releasing the rare Mountain Bongo that was heading toward extinction.
- Working with a hotel rich in history and known for exemplary services while growing your career
- Employee Benefits Card offering discounted rates in Accor Worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility Activities