Senior Legal Associate at Mali Advocates LLP
Mali Advocates LLP is a middle-sized law firm based in Nairobi and providing a comprehensive range of legal services and solutions for domestic, diaspora, and international clients. The firm is focused on providing clients with high-quality legal services through a team of highly trained, skilled and experienced Advocates.
Senior Legal Associate
The Law firm is looking to employ an energetic, passionate, creative and hardworking individual looking to join the team as a Senior Legal Associate.
- Advising on all matters regarding the law; especially on changes in law in civil & commercial litigation;
- Assisting in the co-ordination of legal due diligence, documentation and closing of transactions;
- Consulting with Clients and opposing Counsel and to develop and maintain good client relationship skills, gaining clients’ confidence and that of other professionals
- Attending court, Arbitrations, proceedings before Tribunals, Mediations, etc.;
- File Managements and Court Diary Management;
- To be able to show a track record of achieving their fee targets and time targets and that the targets are appropriate for their position and level of qualification.
- To be strategic and commercially aware and be fully familiar with the firm’s current strategy. Be able to have knowledgeable discussion about the market the firm operates in, the threats and opportunities the department faces and the future plans for the Department and their role in those plans.
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing legal documents and contracts;
- Attract additional business from new and existing clients;
- Attend internal training and external training as and when required, as well as offer legal trainings to clients as and when required;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- A Second Class Degree in Law (LL. B) from a recognized University;
- Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court with not less than three (3) years post admission experience in a busy Law Firm;
- Must have attained a B- and above in O levels/ high school;
- Knowledge, relevant practice and understanding in Litigation, Conveyancing, Arbitration and Commercial, and the respective Laws and regulations;
- Creative, commercial legal thinking and appreciation of the business aspects in their application of the law;
- Ability to pro-actively and creatively manage potential legal issues;
- A team player willing to learn, adapt and work with minimum supervision;
- Excellent organization, administration, communication, influencing and interpersonal skills;
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm and ability to work long hours and under pressure; and
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills
Applications should be received on or before close of business Wednesday, 9th August 2023 by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly indicate your current salary and salary expectations in your Application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted