Job Title: Senior Litigation / Dispute Resolution Lawyer
Reporting to: Managing Partner
Job Level: Senior Management
Industry: Legal Services
Gross Salary: Very Competitive
Job Purpose: Our client is a well-established and renowned law firm in Africa with offices and operations spread across over five (5) countries in Africa.
They seek to hire a candidate will be a lawyer of the High Court of Kenya with significant experience, skills and expertise in litigation.
The candidate will be working in the Kenya office of a larger law firm which is Africa wide.
The candidate will be given significant opportunities to grow their career as a lawyer in a large organization which is client focused.
It is also essential that the candidate demonstrates the ability to understand the needs of clients and to communicate effectively with them, as well as to manage client relations and practice management, in general.
In addition, the candidate must be a team player, ambitious, achievement-oriented, focused and able to work well under pressure in a deadline-driven environment.
Key Roles & Responsibilities;
- Consulting with clients and/or lawyers
- Giving high quality legal advice to clients
- Drafting legal opinions
- Drafting correspondence, pleadings and notices
- Preparing cases for hearing by way of trial, applications or arbitration
- Maintaining the confidentiality of legal documents and client records
- Litigating in civil courts, tribunals and arbitrations
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Undertaking the legal work to the highest professional and client care standards
- Growing a team of litigators in a law firm already well established for corporate commercial purposes
- Heading the team of litigators
- Being responsible for the growth and management of the team of litigators
- Working with budgets agreed with the head of office
- Minimum 8 years’ Post Qualifications Experience (PQE)
- A sound knowledge of and experience in litigation, mediation, dispute resolution, arbitration and court work
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Passion for litigation
- Demonstrate management skills
- Skills and expertise to handle any kind of litigation, arbitration and mediation in this country with the support of senior counsels in other country offices or other senior counsels in Kenya.
Apply directly through our careers page.
In case you are experiencing difficulties, apply through the email indicated below
Email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Monday 24th October 2022
Indicate email subject as Senior Litigation/Dispute Resolution Lawyer.